Monday, May 25, 2009

MEMORIAL DAY EDITION

The extended weekend is not just because, it is a time to remember those who served our country. Memorial is kind of a bad word in the sense it reflects remembering those who have past away but I would rather use for not only that but on top of thanking those who serve our armed forces today. They continue to serve and risk their lives to maintain the freedoms we all take for granted. So this day should be for all of them, past and present. I salute them and we should have an official Remembrance Day like Canada.

Weekly Update:
This past week sure was a lot more calm than the previous one. I had a couple of things going both Thursday and Friday nights ... and Sunday but overall it was MUCH more relaxing and I sure did take advantage of being able to sleep in on the weekend mornings as well as take a long nap on Sunday (since I did not get to sleep in on that particular day). I say this all the time, naps are so under-rated. Aside from that, spent Friday night at Disneyland (again) to celebrate a friend's birthday and just hung out. Saturday was cool, did the mini-golf and some laser tag. Laser tag is a fun game to play but nothing like paintball. If you want something quick and easy, laser tag is great. If you want something more involved and realistic, paintball is the way to go. However both are very fun in their own right.

At the movies:
HUGE upset at the box office this holiday weekend as comedy takes the crown!! At the lead is Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian earning a 4-day opening of 70 million. At a slight distance #2 is the 4th installment of the Terminator series, Terminator: Salvation with only 53.8 from a 5-day total. A VERY below expectations number on all accounts. Holding strong at #3 is "Star Trek" with another 29.4 and a cume now of almost 200 mil. Dropping down to #4 is "Angels & Demons" with 27.7 mil and just shy of 90 mil cume. Rounding off the top 5 is Dance Flick with an expected 13.1 mil and sure to be at your local video store shortly.

Quote of the week:
"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment Response:
Fortunately this past week was MUCH more quieter and I finally got a little rest ... aaahh.

Other News:
Last week we had a couple of sizable earthquakes. The first one was on Sunday evening around LAX Airport which hit around the 5.0 area and it was a rolling earthquake. Rolling meaning you could feel the slight tremble and then the top of like a wave in the ocean and then a little tremble right after. The second one is on Monday which measured about a 4.1 and again around the LAX area. This one I did not notice and it hit during the day when I was at work. I think because my office is next to a stair well and people go up and down it all the time and I can hear them, I just figured it was more folks using the stairs. But then later when I heard that another earthquake hit, then it made more sense of that noise I heard being that but I did not feel any motion. I think it is still funny how "experts" say that we will get hit with the "big one" within the next 10 years ... that is a very safe and vague guess if you ask me. Sure, let me make a prediction too and say that we will have rain within the next 12 months ... now I am a weather expert.

Facts & Tips:
Babies start dreaming even before they're born.

"The mouth of the south." - Jimmy Hart as Jimmy Hart from WWE Wrestling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home