Monday, April 06, 2009

HOME! Finally made it back home Friday and spent the weekend doing as little as I could. The weather over the weekend was warm but in Vegas it was pretty windy. Last Sunday I heard of crazy stories that it felt like planes coming into Vegas were flying sideways because the winds were that bad. I drove in and the town was sort of covered in a brown haze from all the dust being kicked around. Along the drive you could see dust storm-like craziness and heard waves of sand hit the car. And now, calm as can be.

Weekly Update:
Wow, I am soooooo tired. What a long week it was last week. I mean Vegas can be fun but seriously one day there equals like 7 days of real time!! And to spend 6 days there ... dang, that is 42 days! But it was for the annual ShoWest convention and during the final night awards night I got some cool pics:

*Sir Michael Caine- I can't begin to start listing his credits and what a film legend! What an extraordinary man.
*Zack Snyder- Director of "300" and "The Watchman" and just a very cool and hip guy.
*Briana Evigan- up and coming actress currently in "Sorority Row."
*Leah Pipes- up and coming actress currently in "Sorority Row."
*Rumor Willis- yep, the daughter to Bruce Willis and Demi Moore who is extremely attractive.
*Jamie Chung- up and coming actress currently in "Sorority Row."
*Margo Harshman- Been on numerous TV shows and some movies and in the coming film "Sorority Row."
*Audrina Patridge- More of a reality "star" and in the coming film "Sorority Row."
*Michael Bay- Hmmm, some good movies under his credits and a nice guy.
*Bradley Cooper- Funny and cool guy, best known probably as jerk fiance from "Wedding Crashers."
*Chris Pine- Coming soon as Captain James T. Kirk in "Star Trek" and just a very cool guy!
*Rachel McAdams- Probably best known for being in "The Notebook" and amazing person.
*Peter Saraf- Producer of such films as "Little Miss Sunshine" and currently "Sunshine Cleaning", also a very nice guy.
*Zac Efron- yeah, the guy from "High School Musical" and a really cool guy!

At the movies:
No surprise here as bad takes the box office crown with the 4th installment of Fast and Furious which is not to be confused with "The Fast and the Furious" or "2 Fast 2 Furious" ... despite all that it comes in at #1 with a whopping 72.5 million! Hanging on to #2 is "Monsters Vs. Aliens" with another 33.5 mil and now over the 100 mil cume mark. Also hanging in there at #3 is "The Haunting in Connecticut" with 9.5 mil more. Down to #4 is "Knowing" earning an additional 8.1 mil. Rounding off the top 5 is "I Love You, Man" with an extra 7.9 mil. New movies that did not make the top 5: Just one this week as Adventureland shows at the #6 spot with 6 million to its name.

Quote of t
he week:
"Say I'm a banker and I create $30 million. I should get a part of that. And if you're a banker who destroyed $30 billion?" - Paul Krugman

Other News:
It would seem as if the whole world is a buzz this week as North Korea fired another rocket and it landed somewhere in the Pacific Ocean. Korea claims it was sending a satellite to transmit songs into space ... ? What? Well, if you think about it, the leader of North Korea is VERY crazy and nutty so it wouldn't surprise me as a viable reason. Also, on the other hand, he wants to be as much westernize as possible but for himself and not for his people. So if the US has rockets, he wants rockets. Another story last week happened at Binghamton, NY (pictured) where a gunman shot and killed 13 people at an immigration center. I believe the person himself was an immigrant as well. On top of that shooting, I heard of yet another one where a gunman in Pittsburgh shot and killed three police officers who were responding to a domestic disturbance call. What is going on this week?

Facts & Tips:
Raindrops can fall as fast as 20 mph.

"I know; I'm ugly!" - Ron Perlman as Hellboy in "Hellboy II: The Golden Army."

1 Comments:

At April 06, 2009, Blogger ZAC said...

Your Twilight comment---HAHAHA! You're bad. Anyway, I had heard all about Natasha Richardson's fall and then death and today I watched "The Parent Trap" remake with her in it and it made me SO SAD. I feel like I have seen her in a gazillion things. She is honestly a talented actress. As for your feelings about one day in Vegas = 7; right on. Totally funny. Glad you're home finally. I would be willing to stay 7 days there if I could stay at the Bellaggio. Otherwise, I find no interest in Vegas anymore.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home