Monday, March 02, 2009

What happened?? All the windows are open in the house, almost to the brink of closing them again to turn on the A/C because the heat rolled in. What happened? Just last week we were having moments of hail storms with pouring rain to this week of near summer-like weather. This is SO unlike Southern California and to those who do not believe in global warming ... you are stupid. After living here all my life and knowing A) what the weather should be like right now and B) how the weather always changes here, this isn't right! We are not the tropics or a middle US area where the patterns can be erratic and unpredictable. This is not SoCali weather.

Weekly Update:
I forgot to mention someone I met a couple of weeks ago when I attended that Malcolm McDowell event at the SAG Foundation. The only reason I didn't mention him was because I didn't think he was in a picture taken with a group of us at the time. So, my friend e-mailed me the pic just this past week and there he was! I wanted to mention this young bloke who is from the UK originally and now does entertainment work here in the states. I sat and chatted with him for a bit that evening with Malcolm and it was just fun. He has some acting credits to his name but I believe he is more known for his DJ work and being a radio personality than anything else. His name is
Rick Adams and not sure what he has coming up but wanted to at least put him down as a very cool guy.

At the movies:

I guess you can't under estimate the urban comedies as "Tyler Perry's Madea Goes to Jail" holds on to the #1 spot for its 2nd week in a row with an additional 16.5 million. New at #2 is the concert movie
The Jonas Brothers- The 3D Concert Experience earns an easy 12.7 mil considering it probably cost next to nothing to make. Rising up to #3 after is Oscar wins is "Slumdog Millionaire" with another 12.2 mil and now over the 115 mil cume mark. Still strong at #4 is "Taken" earning an extra 10 mil and pass the 100 mil cume mark. Rounding off the top 5 is "He's Just Not That Into You" with 5.9 mil added to its total.

New movies that did not make the top 5: A couple this week as the Fox release of
Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li opens in the #8 spot earning only 4.7 million. I guess folks are tired of the game and movie franchise ... if there ever was one. New at the #23 spot is the smaller release of Echelon Conspiracy earning only 554k for its debut.

Quote of the week:
"If past history was all there was to the game, the richest people would be librarians." - Warren Buffett

Comment Response:
That one segment of the Oscar's every year is probably the one best single part of the whole show ... and they blew it.

Other News:
As some folks may know, I love lists! Best of, worst of, that sort of thing just fascinates me to see how people vote or chose and if they sort of coincide with what I have seen or experienced. This particular list is the "Worst in Customer Service/Care" and let's see what people are saying. First place is Victoria Secrets which I can't really judge since I do not shop there. Second on the list is Books-A-Million ... never heard of it. Third is Dillard's which is more of a mid-west department store that I have seen so few of and just am not impressed with. Fourth is a family-style restaurant mostly in the Northeast called Friendly's. I have been to a few and they all seem like a dive to me with just so-so quality food. Fifth we have FedEx which to me is just fine although they are a bit more pricey than others. Sixth is The Dollar Store which I have heard of but not seen one ... so don't know. Seventh up is Dell which isn't my favorite brand of computer but nowadays the choices are getting very slim. Eight we have Rite Aid which I can completely agree with because every time I go to one I feel like the employees do not care and do not want to be there. Ninth is kind of a funny one, Atlanta International Airport. I have been there myself about two times and it is just a terrible place to go period. Tenth on the list is McDonald's and honestly, do you expect that much from them? It's fast food and not fine dining so I say cut them a little slack. The list is interesting and had a few others but I took the top 10 to look at and share.

Facts & Tips:

A jiffy is an actual time measurement equaling 1/100th of a second.

"Yeah, Pete told me if I ever hurt you; that he would tear me to pieces with his bare hands or with his rhetoric." - Josh Duhamel as Tad Hamilton in "Win a Date with Tad Hamilton."

5 Comments:

At March 02, 2009, Blogger ZAC said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At March 02, 2009, Blogger ZAC said...

Madea, holding #1! We get a kick out of Tyler Perry but we haven't watched one of his flicks in a long time. Tony, what's your feeling toward the Oscars in general? And last off, regarding global warming: I talked with an older Californian back when I lived there and she was saying that before California really became big and developed it didn't have half the vegetation and trees as you now find. But as it has been built up and the landscape has essentially changed (and CA has stolen Colorado water...... HAHAHA...that's my addendum to her story) the climate there has also changed. Global warming, I really don't have a large opinion on it but I recognize that there are a whole bunch of factors involved.

 
At March 04, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, if The Dollar Store is anything like Dollar Tree and all those other 99cent stores, can one really expect much from customer service. They're like going to the Salvation Army...not that you can't find good finds there, but in the sense of clutter.

 
At March 07, 2009, Blogger ZAC said...

Question Tony: Why do the Oscra use the term "slumdog"? And what does the "A-list" refer too? I'm Oscar impaired.

 
At March 07, 2009, Blogger ZAC said...

Oscra=Oscars

 

Post a Comment

<< Home