Monday, January 12, 2009

Ah, the winter-weather ... WHERE IS IT?! Ok, at night it did get a little chilly, maybe in the low 60's but this past weekend we had 80+ degrees. Toward the end of last week it got into the high 70's and we are only about 3 weeks into winter? How can this be happening again? Where is my rain, my cold, my winter? I wonder if its warmer in San Diego because I hear its chilly up in San Francisco which it usually is. I tell ya, SoCali sure has some messed up seasons, especially the last few years. Definitely not what it use to be when I grew up here.

Weekly Update:
This past week was kind of a boring week in general for me. Nothing exciting really and it was also the first full normal week since the last 3 or 4 were kind of off for me with the holidays and the light traveling I did. Funny thing, everyday over the past 3 to 4 weeks, at some point in the day or early evening I always took a nap. Never on purpose but I would go lay down somewhere and maybe watch TV or just to lay down ... then BAM, zzzzzzz. I would wake up anywhere from 1 to 3 hours later! I guess part of all the naps was the lack of sleep I normally get during the work week but man, this past week sure was draining not having a nap of some kind. Sooooo strange for me. I am not a nap type person to begin with.

At the movies:
A slight surprise this week at the #1 film is "Gran Torino" which had its opening several weeks ago but just hit this weekend for national wide release. It takes the crown with a nice 29 million opening. Coming in at #2 is the rom-com Bride Wars with 21.5 mil. Nice opening for this time of year. New at #3 is The Unborn with 21.1 mil, just missing the #2 spot. Dropping down to #4 is "Marley & Me" with an extra 11.4 mil. Rounding off the top 5 is "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" earning another 9.5 mil as it makes its way to the 100 mil mark.

New movies that did not make the top 5: Just one this week as Not Easily Broken shows up at #9 with 5.6 mil however the release pattern was under 1,000 runs.

Quote of the week:
"I don't spend a lot of time really worrying about short-term history. I guess I don't worry about long-term history, either, since I'm not going to be around to read it." - George W. Bush

Comment Response:
NOPE, have not seen "Twilight" but its a chick-flick!!! As for the Travolta's, I met them at a party once and they were very cool people. They had their daughter with them to and she seemed very level-headed and "together" for being at a party with nothing but adults.

Other News:
A little disappointment this past Sunday evening as the annual Golden Globe Awards took place. The big winners of the night were both "Slumdog Millionare" and "The Wrestler" of which both are Fox Searchlight. Sad that neither "Doubt" or "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" took home any accolades for both were better movies than "Slumdog Millionare" in my opinion. On a happier note, one of my favorite shows won awards for Best TV Series (Musical or Comedy) for 30 Rock. Also, Tina Fey (Best Actress in TV- Musical or Comedy) and Alec Bladwin (Best Actor in TV- Musical or Comedy) picked up additional wins for "30 Rock" which I can not stress enough how it is such a smart and funny show. The night had some upsets and had some well deserved wins, just wish the movie side was more balanced but, it isn't the Oscars.

Facts & Tips:
The Statue of Liberty wears a size 879 sandal.

"Let's get ready to rumble!" - Michael Buffer as himself in the film "Ready 2 Rumble."

1 Comments:

At January 12, 2009, Blogger ZAC said...

I totally agree with you that SoCali weather has changed form the time I was a child to now. It's odd. I have gained a GREAT RESPECT for Clint Eastwood. I loved his film, Million Dollar Baby. So he's behind Gran Torino then? Have you seen the movie yourself? If so, did you like it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home