Monday, December 29, 2008

Talk about inconsistent problems!!! If its not one thing with this blog system, its another. If they fix one problem, another one occurs for a couple of weeks before it is fixed. What is wrong with this problem? Doesn't Google have some involvement with this and aren't they suppose to be "all that" with a side of fries or something? So now the issue(s) that are occurring is after a few saves, I sometimes go to a different page and when I come back, EVERYTHING is one long paragraph instead of my separate sections how I like it. The other issue is that now when I load a picture, it then makes every line double-spaced?? WHAT is going on with this stupid thing? I like the format of this and how the web name has "blogger" in it but I don't want to switch after the few years I have been using this. GET IT TOGETHER you guys (and Google) ... this shouldn't be this difficult!! Once again, GOOGLE SUCKS!

Weekly Update:
The holidays sure seemed to come and go pretty fast. The couple of weeks building up to it seemed so long ago now, yet during that time, felt as if Christmas was coming too fast. Then the eve of the big day felt kind of long which is nice but the day after ... was kind of boring. Granted I slept till noon but all the fun happened the night before and shouldn't it carry over and be a 2-day event?! I think it should but I guess everyone was just tired. It was still a fun time to get away and do nothing, veg out and watch movies. I like playing games but it can also be difficult to find games that everyone can or wants to play at the same time. I hope everyone got what they wanted or things that they liked. I know I did, but I really don't ask for too much ... just a good time.

At the movies:
The pooch takes the holiday box office as Marley & Me barks up 51.68 million for the 4-day weekend. Despite the terrible "Heel the Love" campaign since the word "heel" means to stop ... the romantic comedy centered around a love-able dog was able to charm audiences. New at #2 is the family comedy Bedtime Stories with a holiday opening of 38.6 mil. Critically acclaimed The Curious Case of Benjamin Button opens at #3 with 39 mil for the holidays (it ranks third instead of second due to the 3-day weekend being slightly lower than "Bedtime Stories"). Showing up at #4 is critic battered Valkyrie with 30 mil to open and not sure how long it will last. Rounding off the top 5 is "Yes Man" with an extra 16.5 mil.

New movies that did not make the top 5: Unfortunately just one this week as the comic story of The Spirit only earned 10.4 mil for the holidays which isn't that great as it shows up at the #9 spot.

Quote of the week:
"Holidays have no pity." - Eugenio Montale

Comment Response:
You know I haven't seen "Four Christmases" yet but I hear its entertaining and it is doing well at the box office.

Other News:
Christmas Day the diva of song and dance, Eartha Kitt passed away after a fight with colon cancer. Probably her most recognizable claim-to-fame for the past couple of generations was as the very sexy "Catwoman" from the TV series of "Batman" starring Adam West. She put the silky purrrrrr into the character but her career was much more popular before the series. Having both Emmy and Tony awards to her mantle for various stage performances and TV shows, she was considered one of the first divas out there. Even though she was diagnosed with cancer, she kept her spirits very high and was filled with life and vitality. Her stage presence was always daringly sexy and always flirtatious ... she was 81.

Facts & Tips:
One acre of peanuts will make 30,000 peanut butter sandwiches.

"Do you think that I would like America?" - Tamlyn Tomita as Kumiko in "The Karate Kid, Part II."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home