Monday, October 27, 2008

More Travel Edition!

I continue this week with more traveling but this time not too much, just to the San Francisco area for some meetings. I had one week to rest and then off I go again. Hopefully this will be the last of work travel for this year and I can catch up on sleep for starters here soon. I think this is too much for me at the moment, I haven't done this much moving around since prior to the surgery last year.

Weekly Update:
Last Wednesday night I attended the premiere for Role Models which was a pretty funny comedy. Not a huge laugher but had some really great moments. At the party afterwards I got some snaps with some folks:

*David Wain- Director of the film and a very nice guy.
*A.D. Miles- One of the cast and a nice guy.
*Clark Duke- Not in this particular film but at the party and a nice guy.
*Jane Lynch- One of the cast and loved her in so many other movies, she seemed pretty nice.
*Joe Lo Truglio- One of the cast and a very cool guy.
*Ken Jeong- One of the cast, very funny and incredibly cool guy.
*Ken Marino- One of the cast and friendly guy.
*Matt Walsh- One of the cast and another really funny and friendly guy.
*Paul Rudd- Main star of the film and an ok guy.
*Seann William Scott- Main star of the film and a VERY cool guy!

There were a few other folks there who I saw but have met already before but I did chat a minute with Kerry Kenney from "Reno 911!" fame and she was such a sweet person.

At the movies:
No surprise here as High School Musical 3: Senior Year earns top honors with a hefty 42 million at the box office weekend. New at #2 is the continuing horror series Saw V with a strong 30.5 million. Dropping down to #3 is "Max Payne" with an extra 7.6 mil. Hanging on to #4 is "Beverly Hills Chihuahua" with another 6.9 mil and slowly making its way to the 100 mil mark. Rounding off the top 5 is the disappointing cop thriller Pride and Glory with only 6.3 mil.

Quote of the week:
"Be fearful when others are greedy, and be greedy when others are fearful." - Warren Buffett

Other News:

You would think with the election just less than two weeks away there would be all kinds of great news going on! But honestly, it is pretty quiet and stale. I guess the two candidates are pretty much clear on their positions. What I do find interesting in this situation are the VP's. Nothing exciting or of interest coming from Biden but on the Palin side there are all kinds of talks and things that come up. There was the $150,000 wardrobe cost for Palin which she denies and internal turmoil within her campaign camps. I am starting to wonder what is becoming more scarier ... the VP or the President nomination for the Republicans at this time. My favorite thus so far is her claims to being the "mavericks" of this election ... yet nothing will change if they win ... how is that being "maverick"?? On another note, three killed in a roadside bomb in Iraq yesterday while five others wounded. On the good news, the US death toll in Iraq for this month is down to about 1 killed every two days. Last month was about 1 per day but in July it was almost 1 every three days!! Really, how sad is that to say one dieing every other day is good news?

Facts & Tips:
Candles will burn longer and drip less if they are placed in the freezer a few hours before using.

"Doctors say that Nordberg has a 50-50 chance of living, though there's only a 10 percent chance of that." - George Kennedy as Capt. Ed Hocken in "The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad!"

2 Comments:

At October 28, 2008, Blogger ZAC said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At October 28, 2008, Blogger ZAC said...

I like Palin!!! I don't care what the media says. I fully doubt her wardrobe cost $150K. If they spent money on her wardrobe I wouldn't be surprised because any professional knows you need to look your part (although I wouldn't care if she still looked the part of "soccer-mom.") She's cool!

Also Tony, if you've seen High School Musical 3 I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home