Friday, January 23, 2009

BEST and WORST of 2008 EDITION:

So keeping with a new tradition, I present my "Best and Worst of" for 2008. The choices and/or sections are completely random and just things I found fun or annoying.


WORST of 2008:

TV Shows:

Reality (non-competition) TV Show: "The Hills" because they call it reality but it's scripted and its just an incredibly stupid show. I think you do in fact lose brain cells watching it.
Reality (competition) TV Show: SO many here but the ones that stands out the most right now is "American Idol" because it just seem so old now.
Drama Series: "90210", yes, if you can believe they brought it back.
Sci-Fi: A lot got cancelled over the course of last year but sadly I must say "Knight Rider". The pilot they did wasn't that great and I saw one episode of the series which nearly put me to sleep.
Re-made series: I was always up and down on this show but the last season I saw was pretty boring and that is the new "Battlestar Galactica". The series is finally ending but between this one and "Knight Rider", the two shows are pretty inter-changeable for the categories.
Over-rated personality: A LOT this year but to pick just one ... that is hard! But top honors has to go to Spencer Pratt who is not only a terrible actor but just a plain idiot.

Movies (Based on what I have seen):
Big Picture Film: Yawn ... "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull," the story was terrible and I have played video games based on the characters which would have made MUCH better movies!
Children/Family Film: Unfortunately "Space Chimps" had a lot of potential but the introduction of the aliens kind of messed up the movie.

Foods and Restaurants:
Restaurant Service: There were a few but nothing that was so TERRIBLE this year without explanation. So for 2008, no stand-outs which is good.


Best of 2008:


TV Shows:
Reality (non-competition) TV Show: I've been enjoying
How It's Made on the Discovery Channel. Some stuff is kind of odd but most of it is pretty cool to watch.
Reality (competition) TV Show: TIE between
The Amazing Race Season 12 (CBS) and Top Chef (Bravo) - Amazing Race is just a great show and has won so many awards while Top Chef is one of the better cooking competition shows out there.
Drama Series: I do not watch much drama (if at all) but I did catch an episode or two of
Rome on HBO. I don't think the show will make it because production value seems way to high.
Comedy Series: STILL TIED between Chuck (NBC) and Psych (USA) - Both shows still have great stories and just so fun to watch.
Sci-Fi: Not too much here but I think
Stargate: Atlantis would probably be it. Unfortunately they are closing this series down this season.
Re-made series: Nothing really comes to mind for this past year.
Under rated personality: There is a really fun show on Discovery Channel called
Cash Cab and I think the host of it pulls the job of great pretending to be a NY cabbie. So props to Ben Bailey from Cash Cab.

Movies (Based on what I have seen):

Big Picture Film: Hands down it has to be
Iron Man and a great comeback for Robert Downey, Jr.
Action Film: Since "Iron Man" got the BIG PICTURE FILM nod from me, I will give
The Dark Knight top honors for this category.
Comedy Film: Believe it or not, but
Kung-Fu Panda was not only a great animated film but very funny from start to finish.
Children/Family Film: Top honors for this go to
Wall*E and it is also a great romantic film with a bit of comedy.

Foods and Restaurants:

Mexican Food:
Again
Gordo's in San Francisco. Always by a long-stretch too!
Greek Food: NEW winner here as
Jaffa City Coffee and Deli makes a GREAT gyro packed with meat. I also recommend the hummus!
Chinese Food: I used to have a separate category for "Lettuce Wraps" but I thought I would combine it with this one and
P.F. Chang's gets the win this time around due to the lettuce wraps.
Ribs: I still haven't found anything to top
Blues City Cafe in Memphis with their meat-fall-off-the-bone ribs.
Cupcakes: I don't remember having a cupcake of any kind this past year and muffins don't count. So the win still goes to
Sprinkles.
Potato Salad: Nothing to special out there that I can remember so I will stick to Costco again.
Pastrami Sandwich: Still goes to
The Hat and I have had several this past year too!

There you go, that is this year's 2008 "Worst and Best of ... " list, hope you enjoyed it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home