Monday, October 14, 2024

VOTE!

Last week I did my mail-in ballot and I can express how much easier and just as secure as voting in person.  Less hassle and inconvenient it is to vote in person which is kind of a sad thing to say.  I have voted in person about 3 times and each time, it was never easy.  One time I was working and the voting place happen to be up the street and I thought that will be easy.  It wasn't, walking there and trying to find the actual place was difficult as there was no signs telling me where to go till I found the building and it just said "Vote here!"  But directional signs to "here" would have been nice.  Then I had to drive to a school once and it was pretty crowded, trying to find a parking spot but finding where to vote was easy as I just saw the 200+ person line.  I guess it was nice seeing everyone out to vote but the parking, the wait and the process just wasn't pleasant.  Then another time was at the same place as the first one I mentioned but I was at home so I drove there... parking this time and it was almost farther than where I was working!  At least this time I knew where to go once I found a parking spot.  So since those experiences, I vote by mail and I vote early.  I get a notification that my ballot has been received and I know they don't get counted till after the official election date which is fine.  Vote by mail!  Easy, convenient and secure.

Weekly Update:

I recently starting watching the series on Amazon, Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power and it's pretty dang amazing.  From what I know of the lore, this has been pretty accurate or close so far but I am only through the first season and they are on season 2 now.  Seeing a young Galadriel, Elrond and for the first time Celebrimbor, Isildur and Gil-galad!  These are characters I have basically grown-up hearing and imagining.  Playing a role-playing game called Middle Earth Roleplaying Game for years and years with reference to all these people.  Seeing these visions pretty much come to life is incredible.  Not sure where this will fall for me over the original movies and Peter Jackson remakes till I see more but so far, amazing.

At the movies:

New at #1 just in time for the season is Terrifier 3 with a decent 18.3 million to open.  Not bad for a horror/suspense film during this time of year.  Not a lot on this film either but next week will tell us how it will maintain.  Holding ground at #2 is The Wild Robot with another 13.5 mil as it slowly approaches the 100 mil mark and may get that next week if not shortly after.  Big drop down to #3 is Joker: Folle A Deux with 7.1 mil and a 81% decrease.  That is very significant drop and this film will be gone in no time from theatres. Hanging on to #4 is Beetlejuice Beetlejuice with an extra 7.1 mil as it slowly approaches 300 mil and should still get there.  Rounding off the top 5 is Piece by Piece with 3.8 mil and feels like a throw-away film which will be in-and-out of theatres quickly.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Several this week!  At #8 is My Hero Academia: You're Next with 3 mil to open on over 1800 runs so a very poor per screen average and will fade out fast.  Right behind that at #9 is another re-release of Nightmare Before Christmas with 2.3 mil and that is pretty much all profit at this point.  Rounding off the top 10 is The Apprentice with only 1.6 mil and over 1700 screens, this one will be fired out of the theatres quickly!

Quote of the week:
"Greatness is a road leading towards the unknown." - Charles de Gaulle

Facts & Tips:
Asparagus can grow up to 7 inches in a day.

"Shao Kahn is my father." - Samantha Win as Kitana in the online series Mortal Kombat: Legacy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home