Monday, September 23, 2024

The heat is GONE?

A little rain, a little overcast, a little bit cooler.  It finally felt like Fall going into Winter which I like and the heat was gone this past week.  We also had a number of fires going on so I'm sure the wet and cooler weather helped a lot with those fires and the firefighters who were fighting the fires... wow, that is a lot of use of the word fire!  But, hopefully this weather maintains itself for the most part to get everything under control and contained.  From the reports I heard these fires (or most of them) were arson and all from the same arsonist.  What is wrong with people they would destroy thousands of acres of land and wildlife like that.  I'm not sure what the penalties will be but I sure they are steep not to mention the cost of the damage and resources needed!

Weekly Update:

There was a TV sitcom called Cheers back in the early 1980's and in case you don't know what it is was about, a bar in Boston that is owned and operated by a former Red Sox's pitcher named Sam Malone (made up of course) and it was just a place were hijinks ensued every week.  One thing I always enjoyed about the show was the spirit and also the theme song of th show, "Where Everybody Knows Your Name" by Gary Portnoy and Judy Hart Angelo.  So why do I like it so much?  A long time ago I used to go to this placed called Virtual World (another story for another time) and every time I walked it, everyone would cheer "McDuck!" as was my callsign for the establishment.  It just reminded me of the show Cheers and when Virtual World closed, I lost that sense of comraderies and home away from home feel.  But, I seem to have found a tiny little bit of that at Panera that I frequent often.  Some of the people recognize me but just don't know my name and that is OK.  I miss that old place, Virtual World... it was my escape from reality I suppose.

At the movies:

Holding it's ground for a 3rd week in-a-row is Beetlejuice Beetlejuice with another 26 million and now just past the 200 mil mil mark!  Still solid word-of-mouth carrying this film and should get a bit further when it's all said and done.  New at #2 is Transformers One with 25 mil to open and I feel this franchise is a bit worn out now.  Drop down to #3 is Speak No Evil with 5.9 mil more and still a good overall number for this genre of film.  New at #4 is Never Let Go with 4.5 mil and this one will pretty much be let go after another week.  Rounding off the top 5 for it's 9th week in release is Deadpool & Wolverine with another 3.9 mil and solidifying it's name in the 600 mil range.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
A couple this week... in at #6 is Substance with 3.1 mil and not much on substance at the box office.  Coming in at #9 is Jung Kook: I Am Still with 1.4 mil and maybe they needed to move instead of being still.

Quote of the week:
"Give me the luxuries of life and I will willingly do without the necessities." - Frank Lloyd Wright

Facts & Tips:
You transfer more germs shaking hands than kissing.

"Yeah. I heard that bullshit.  Look man, Wink is scandalous, dawg." - Mekhi Phifer as Future in 8 Mile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home