Monday, October 07, 2024

Dubai chocolate? Yes, have some.

I been seeing this thing on Tik Tok called Dubai chocolate and it's essentially a chocolate bar filled with this pistachio mix and that flakey thing noodle crunch stuff, not sure if the actual name but seen them in other Middle-Eastern foods and desserts.  This stuff is expensive, they are charging around $40 a bar (mostly due to shipping) and make your own kits for about $20.  I was able to find a local place that sold a bar for $16 and it is pretty good.  I bought one dark and milk chocolate and just finished the dark which took me over a week to eat, a bite at a time.  But the flavor was ok, however I will say I think the dark chocolate bitterness distracted from any pistachio flavor.  So I am curious to try the milk chocolate.  But the texture is amazing!  Now if it can just drop in price, like maybe $8 a bar or I would be willing to go as high as like $9.99 and feel more comfortable with that (if not shipped that is).

Weekly Update:

I think the Earth is angry (and it should be too!).  After the destruction of hurricane Helene which many states are still recovering from, another hurricane is on it's way to Florida this week.  Hurricane Milton is projected to be a category 3 (out of 5, 5 being the worse) is projected to hit Tampa and make it's way across the state going East, through Orlando.  That is if it maintains it's current trajectory and build up but hurricane's are very unpredictable and could change directions and intensity at any time.  And then over this past week, we had a 4.7 earthquake in Ontario, Ca which is only about 25 miles from me so I did feel it.  Occurred Sunday morning around 4AM and was more noisy than anything else for me.  The Earth and/or Mother Nature, she is ticked off right now!

At the movies:

New at #1 this week is Joker: Folle A Deux with a 40 million opening.  It's a good number but well below all expectations and the reviews are very poor on this film.  I guess they mislead the audience into thinking it was a regular movie like the first one and not a musical.  I think we will see a considerable drop next week for it.  Drop down to #2 is The Wild Robot with another 18.7 mil as it tries to climb and reach 100 mil, still a possibility!  Hanging out at #3 is Beetlejuice Beetlejuice with 10.3 mil extra and still within range to hit 300 mil!  Down to #4 is Transformers One with 5.4 mil and will not reach the 100 mil mark at all.  Rounding off the top 5 and holding is Speak No Evil with 2.8 mil and may be the last week we see it unless Joker drops way more than expected.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
In at #6 is Sam and Colby: The Legends of the Paranormal with 300 screens and $1.8 mil total.  Not a good screen average and will fade out.  New at #7 is White Bird with 1.5 mil with just over 1,000 screens and also a poor per average.

Quote of the week:
"Every story I create, creates me.  I write to create myself." - Octavia E. Butler

Facts & Tips:
Platypuses are venomous.

"You know what, I got a hangnail right there, on my thumb, you mind working on that one next?" - Kevin Weisman as Marshall Flinkman in the TV series Alias.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home