Monday, December 23, 2019

We were supposed to get some rain this past weekend but ... nothing.  Not surprised but it promises to have some next week.  Which for Southern California, that means a "white" Christmas when it rains!  Since we don't get snow (except in the mountains), rain is our equivalent of that. So, we shall see in the next day or two if that happens or will it be just another boring sunny day here but a bit chilly?  Even our cold isn't that cold as it should be.  I was able to wear my shorts and t-shirt with no jacket because the temperature was low, the sun was bright and warm out.

Weekly Update:
Earlier this week I woke up and it felt and sounded like something in my ear.  Every time I moved my jaw (or like a yawn), I could hear something like it was moving when I moved.  I tried using a q-tip and then later this Chinese ear scoop thing and though I could hear it being touched by these, I couldn't get it.  I tried water and once it tried, I could hear it again.  It was bugging me!  So I went to the doctor's in the morning and nothing was available till that night.  Ok, I'll come back ... during the day I didn't do much but I did fall asleep with that one particular year on the cushion.  Once I got back to see the doctor ... nothing.  I guess whatever was in there fell out.  I did sound like when I have a piece of wax in there but I can always get it out but this one ... I couldn't get it!!!  That was a waste of $20 (for the office visit).

At the movies:
The rise of Star Wars takes the box office crown but ... not as good as expected.  Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker earns 175.5 million for it's debut, well below expectations but it appears the reviews did do some damage to the repeat or opening weekend crowds.  Reviews are medium to poor on this film but the die-hard fans and the mediocre fans will still see it before the year-end.  Dropping down to #2 is "Jumanji: The Next Level" with 26.1 mil as it just now hits the 100 mil cume mark.  A very quiet purr at #3 is Cats with only 6.5 mil and also below expectations but for this, not surprising.  Critics are burning their eyes out on this while general crowds are saying "not that bad."  An actual re-edit is coming out in theatres as soon as today with enhanced special effects as that was one of the breaking points of this film ... right, fix the special effects to make those who saw it come see it again.  Big drop down to #4 is "Frozen 2" with another 6.1 mil as it continues the climb to 400 mil cume and obtainable before the year is out but will be close!  Rounding off the top 5 is "Knives Out" with another 6.1 mil as it get's very close to 100 mil cume.


Quote of the week:
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." - Mother Teresa

Facts & Tips:
Baseball hits that bounced over the fence were considered home runs until the 1930's.

"Oleg, what are you doing here?  And you put the 'oh no' in Kimono." - Beth Behrs as Caorline Channing in the TV series "2 Broke Girls."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home