Monday, November 11, 2019

It is getting COLD!  Finally Winter is here, sort of.  The days have been fair, maybe 80 and sometimes close to 90 but the nights ... oh boy, they have been dropping fast and hard as soon as it gets dark.  I would say the nights have been ranging between mid 60's to low 50's.  Now if we can just get some rain, then that would be awesome and perfect!  Thought we have had a few mornings were the fog had rolled in and that is good to!  It makes things super chilled and also just fun to see.  I like driving in it too when it is thick but we don't get those serious ones (or super rare) like you see in Europe.  Usually you can still see 100 to 200 yards in front of you.  So, hoping with these temps that we are in store for a chilly Winter season!

Weekly Update:
So what went on this week ... really a whole lot of nothing!  Oh I sold some stuff on e-bay which is awesome.  Every time I sell something (big or small), it means one less item out of the house and part of the de-cluttering.  And a few extra bucks in my pocket where I might be able to get a pizza if I sell something else.  I am not making a lot on eBay but at least I am selling stuff and usually (or eventually) at the price I want to sell it at.  I have had items on their for years and just keep re-posting it.  One thing sold not long ago that had been on there for 5-years and got what I had asked for.  I am not in dire need of the space or money so it's fine.  I don't want to throw it away because these things aren't trash, majority are collectibles or simply rare items that no longer are being made.  So, sell, sell, sell!

At the movies:
A whole lot of changes this past weekend!  Up first, a new #1 takes the box office by surprise as Midway flies in with 17.5 million.  Close to expectations and solid reviews on this film.  Overall not a great opening but enough for the crown.  New at #2 is Doctor Sleep with 14.1 mil and below expectations.  Opening at #3 is Playing With Fire with 12.8 mil and right on par with estimations.  And the last new movie to open takes #4, Last Christmas with 11.6 mil and below expectations as well.  Might have been a little too soon for a holiday movie but of course that time of year is always crowded anyway.  Finally rounding off the top 5 is "Terminator: Dark Fate" with 10.8 mil as we continue to see this under perform.

Quote of the week:

"God cannot alter the past, though historians can." - Samuel Butler

Facts & Tips:

It is illegal to run out of gas in Youngstown, Ohio.
"Oh no, Bernie.  I was annoyed about the Richters.  I am LIVID about this!" - Kellita Smith as Wanda McCullough on the TV series "The Bernie Mac Show."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home