Monday, December 16, 2019

So this was pretty neat.  Earlier this week when I was driving into the office in the morning, a fog rolled in on the way there.  I left the house and it was clear (but a little dark because the sun was just coming up) and as it got brighter, I drove right into a fog.  On my way to work there is one route that can be just a straight shot and I took that most of the way.  As I approached the fog, I could see where I was just about to enter it and then I was in it!  I can't remember that happening before and it was pretty cool.  The picture is not reflective of of the actual fog but gives you an idea, hey I was driving!

Weekly Update:
On Thursday night I went to this nice event at The Anaheim Hotel.  Now the hotel has been operated by the current company for about 3 years but the location itself has been around for decades.  What was odd is when walking around the property, going to see some rooms, it had the feeling of like walking through an apartment complex.  Some of the rooms even had enclosed patios so I am wondering if this used to be apartments way back when!  The pool is huge and there was a club house next to it which a lot of apartment complexes have!  The newly remodeled rooms were nice and I would stay in one but yeah, the exterior is ... not very hotel like to me.

At the movies:
Game on!  A new #1 takes the crown this week as Jumanji: The Next Level earns a hefty 60.1 million to open.  Above most expectations but word-of-mouth isn't mind blowing for this last installment of the franchise compared to it's predecessor.  Right now look for it to cap around 300 mil domestic.  Slight drop to #2 is "Frozen 2" with another 19.2 mil and gaining on that 400 mil mark but will still need more time.  Holding on to the #3 spot is "Knives Out" with 9.3 mil as it crawls to reach 100 mil cume but still on track to end around there.  New at #4 is Richard Jewell with only 5 mil to open.  Major disappointment at the box office for this one but still an award contender nonetheless.  And rounding up the top 5 is Black Christmas with only 4.4 mil in it's debut.  Also below expectations but not by much in comparison to Jewell.

Quote of the week:

"Nothing can have value without being an object of utility." - Karl Marx



Facts & Tips:

The most home runs ever recorded in an MLB season is 73.

"You are more beautiful than Cinderella! You smell like pine needles, and have a face like sunshine!" Ellie Kemper as Becca in "Bridesmaids."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home