Monday, June 11, 2012

So I was at Home Depot over the weekend and they always have those day laborers waiting for someone to drive by and hire them.  The time I went was about lunch time so there were only a couple of guys left.  I wasn't looking for workers but I did notice one of them and thought, who would hire this guy??  He was wearing what looked like to be an Ed Hardy hat and shirt!  I mean they could have been knock-offs but still, you don't wear that when you are looking for ANY kind of work!  For one thing, that clothing is just stupid and second, if it was real then you clearly don't need the work.  Not to mention the gold chains around the neck, nice tough.  Seriously ... sell the gold chains and get rid of the shirt and hat with branding on it.  Oh, did I mention he was on his either smart phone or blackberry too?

Weekly Update:
What a CRAZY week it has been ... I am exhausted and so glad it is over!!  Monday started off pretty light but then Tuesday came and BAM!  I was on the set for three days for Disney's "Pair of Kings" show helping out my friend.  Tuesday wasn't too bad except the very early call time.  Wednesday was better and just an average day but Thursday was LONG!  I was out for over 12 hours and was running on fumes.  The cool part about it all though is that when I am on that set, no one seems to care what I do or where I stand.  They treat me like part of the crew and almost everyone I run by knows my name (which can be kind of scary).  But the cast of the show all see me and give me the handshake hug (where you go in for the handshake and then bring the other arm around for the hug).  Ask how I am doing and what is new, catch-up-chit-chat.  They really make you feel welcomed and at home, part of their family.  Once that was all over, Friday was at Nickelodeon helping the same friend with a voice-over job for "Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness" TV show.  I am beat!

At the movies:
A little bit of a surprise this weekend as animation takes the lead but then again, we are in the starting weeks of summer.  Roaring into #1 is the third installment of this animal franchise as Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted earns a nice 60.4 million for its debut.  Sci-Fi comes in at #2 with the prequel to the "Alien" franchise with Prometheus earns a respectable 50 mil.  Big drop to #3 is "Snow White and The Huntsman" with another 23 mil as it just misses the 100 mil cume but no doubt will get that by end of day Monday.  Sizable drop to #4 is "Men In Black 3" with another 13.5 mil.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Marvel's The Avengers" with an extra 10.8 mil as it now has a domestic cume of just over 570 million.

Quote of the week:
"To err is human - and to blame it on a computer is even more so." - Robert Orben

Other News:
Food & Wine Magazine (actually, online since magazines are quickly dieing) released a list of the best hamburgers in the US.  I thought I would take a look at this because I love a good hamburger.  They don't seem to rank them, just list them in no particular order.  So I will present the first 10 on this list and just number them myself ... 10) Minetta Tavern in NYC - Black Label Burger, mix of dry-aged rib eye, skirt steak, brisket and short rib topped with caramelized onions. 9) Holeman & Finch in Atlanta, GA - Burger, two cheeseburgers on a house-made bun. 8) Custom House Tavern, Chicago, IL - Custom House Burger, short rib and sirloin patty with aged cheddar on sourdough brioche. 7) In-N-Out, California - Cheeseburger (pictured Double-Double Cheeseburger), now this is the first chain fast-food to make this list and I do have to disagree with the selection because the double-double with animal style onions is the best way to go. 6) Michael's Genuine Food & Drink - Miami, FL - Black Angus Burger, I think the name speaks for itself. 5) Zuni Cafe, San Francisco - House-ground hamburger, served in a rosemary focaccia. 4) Perini Ranch Steakhouse, Buffalo Gap, TX - Ranch Burger, topped with mushrooms, onions, green chilies and cheese. 3) Green Street Grill, Boston, MA - Bacon Double Cheeseburger, two four ounce patties with American cheese and smocked bacon topped with Russian dressing. 2) Farm Burger, Decatur, GA - Farm Burger, Vermont aged smoked white cheddar cheese, caramelized onions and a special house sauce. 1) Gott's Roadside, Napa - Ahi Burger, seared Ahi tuna with ginger-wasabi mayo and Asian slaw on a toasted egg bun.  After seeing this list, of course it makes one hungry for a good burger but with the exception of the the last location, this list should be about Best Cheeseburgers and not Burgers.  I personally classify them separately!

Facts & Tips:
Oregon has more ghost towns than any other US city.

"I think there's a vague sense out there that movies are becoming more and more unreal.  I know I've felt it." - Film director Christopher Nolan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home