Monday, April 30, 2012


This may just be me but have you noticed when you travel and if you find yourself sitting in your hotel room, you tend to watch only certain channels the whole time?  I wonder if its just a case of not wanting to channel surf since you know know the program layout or those are the only channel(s) of interest.  For me, it is A&E and Discovery ... I managed to watch a few of their shows and when I left the room, I didn't bother to turn it off and return to those same shows playing!  Interesting.

Weekly Update:
What a tiring week!  On Tuesday I headed to Las Vegas, Nevada to attend the 2nd Annual CinemaCon Convention (I know, terrible name) which was formally known as ShoWest (I know, better name!).  It was a LONG trip in that you sleep little and are out for long stretches of time.  When you go to bed sometime the next morning and get up a few hours later.  But, regardless it is fun and always a good time.  While there I managed to get some pics with some folks:

*Kathryn McCormick - From the upcoming film "Step Up Revolution" and amazingly sweet.
*Brooklyn Decker - From the upcoming "Battleship" movie and very sweet.
*Jeremy Renner - Best known from "Hurt Locker" and now the upcoming "Avengers," overall nice guy.
*Jennifer Garner- From "Alias" to "13 Going on 30" and very sweet.
*Charlize Theron - From "The Italian Job" to "Monster," she was OK.
*Michelle Pfeiffer - From "Grease 2," "Hairspray" and "Scarface," she was incredible!
*Taylor Kitsch- From the recent "John Carter" and the upcoming "Battleship" movie and just an overall cool guy.
*Chloe Grace Moretz - Best known from "Kick-Ass" to "Hugo" and amazingly sweet and bright!
*Diego Boneta - From the upcoming "Rock of Ages" and a nice guy.

At the movies:
Urban comedy holds off the new contenders this weekend as "Think Like A Man" holds the #1 spot for its 2nd weekend in a row earning an extra 18 million.  Also holding ground is "The Lucky One" with another 11.3 mil at #2.  Still going strong at #3 is "The Hunger Games" after 6 weeks earning another 11.3 mil as it narrows in at the 400 mil mark.  NEW at #4 ... finally ... rom-com The Five-Year Engagement earns 11.2 mil for its debut.  Pretty sad and I don't know why they keep letting Jason Segel make comedies ... he isn't funny!  New and rounding off the top 5 is the family film The Pirates! Band of Misfits which earns 11 mil this past weekend ... oddly enough I want to see this one but because I am a fan of Aardman Entertainment.

New movies that did not make the top 5:  Two big ones this weekend as the non-stop action film Safe comes in at #6 earning a below-average 7.7 mil for its debut.  New at #7 is the suspense-thriller of The Raven with only 7.3 mil.

Quote of the week:
"The best victory is when the opponent surrenders if its own accord before there are actual hostilities ... It is best to win without fighting." - Sun Tzu

Other News:
I can not believe that this past Sunday marked the 20th Anniversary of the Los Angeles Riots over the case of the Rodney King beatings verdict.  I remember what I was doing when the reports starting coming in, I was working at AMC MainPlace 6 in Santa Ana and we were also the home of the District Office.  At about 1PM, the District Manager came down and said finish the set and then close up for the night and get home safely.  So we did and that was the first time I have ever closed a theatre down for the night that early before.  We were in Orange County so there were VERY few incidents but nothing like LA and a city in turmoil.  After we closed and the last of the customers left, I went straight home and just watched the news seeing cars and buildings on fire.  It was quite a sight, pretty unbelievable but then you see this kind of thing in other countries all the time ... we have more rights and liberties so kind of makes you wonder (and glad) why it doesn't happen all the time.

Facts & Tips:
The human brain takes up 2% of human body weight but uses 20% of its energy.

"I don't know a lot about relationships. Most of mine are short and flame out once the sex goes, but I do know you never want to be the rebounder. I'm a good man, Emma. I'll treat you right. I'll put up with all your crazy. They can't fire me 'cause I'm a minority, so I'll always be able to provide for you. You could do a lot worse, and in this town, you're not going to do much better." - Patrick Gallagher as Ken Tanaka in the TV series "Glee."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home