Monday, February 13, 2012

Well on Groundhogs day (February 2nd), Punxsutawney Phil, saw his shadow which means 6 more weeks of winter. The weather has been pretty chilly still but technically speaking, we are still in Winter for at least another month. When did a groundhog become the weather reporter? I know a lot of weather reports and reporters that are wrong a lot but at least the studied it ... or know how to read a weather map. I should find a rabbit to tell me who will win major sporting events.

Weekly Update:
Not to much going on this past week except trying to continue to get rid of this lingering cough. It is just tiring now and I just want it to go away. The worst part about it is keeping me up at night or restless sleep because I have to cough. Certain times I go into coughing spells ... go away already! I do feel it is getting better but its like I have to walk a mile ... an inch at a time. But aside from that, the week wasn't too eventful but I did return to the set of Disney's "Pair of Kings" TV show as they start filming for the new season. It was nice seeing all the familiar faces and some new ones. I ran into one of the guest stars for this coming season:

*Brittney Ross - up and coming actress and very nice.

Aside from that, not much going on ... tried to rest as much as I could this weekend ... stupid cough.

At the movies:
Not too much of a shock in terms of what did better at the box office but the big shock is how much they did! In at #1 is the romantic-drama The Vow earns a huge payday of 41.7 million for its debut! At #2 with a big opening is the action-drama Safe House with 39.3 mil. New at #3 is the family action sequel Journey 2: The Mysterious Island as it earns 27.6 mil. Returning to the big screen in 3D is "Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace" as it earns 23 mil. Rounding off the top 5 is "Chronicle" with an extra 12.3 mil. Pretty big weekend at the box office in general being a non-holiday time period.

Quote of the week:
"Life is short, art is long, opportunity fleeting, experiment treacherous, judgment difficult." - Hippocrates

Other News:
Since the year started, we have seen quite a handful of actors and actresses, as well as film makers pass away. Another one just passed away on Saturday ... legendary singer and song writer Whitney Houston passed away. No cause of death has been released as of it but over the past year she has battled with drug addiction and abusive relationship. She was known for so many pop hits including "I Will Always Love You," "I'm Your Baby Tonight" and "How Will I Know." She was also known for some memorable movie roles as well such as "The Bodyguard" with co-star Kevin Costner and one of my holiday favorites "The Preacher's Wife." She had a charming, high energy singing style which rose her to the top but in her later years fell apart when it was apparent were ruining her life and with her husband at the time, singer Bobby Brown, they fed off each others drug addictions. Houston was was found in her hotel room at the Beverly Hilton unconscious, and had pre-Grammy events planned that evening. Houston was 48.

Facts & Tips:
A male cricket's ear is located on the tibia of its leg.

"Excuse me, sir! Can you direct us to the naval base in Alameda? It's where they keep the nuclear wessels." - Walter Koenig as Chekov in "Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home