Monday, December 19, 2011

So was driving a lot this past week but this time it was distance instead of time. Although because of the long distances, it took just as much time on the road. One day, I drove over 300 miles and I was exhausted! But I was pretty amazed at what I saw a LOT of this week ... people talking on their cell phones while holding the cell phone. I saw they were connected with an ear piece yet the felt the need to hold the phone to their mouth as they talked ... WHAT?! I just don't understand.

Weekly Update:
This week has been semi-hectic but VERY tiring. This Monday I went to an ACLU dinner event because they were honoring the CEO of the company I work for. I wasn't planning on going but for some reason, the CEO asked my boss if I was attending. So with that, we both took that as "you better go" so I went. But what is the ACLU? It stands for American Civil Liberties Union and what does that mean? Funny, I know it best by the movie "An American President" were Michael Douglass as the current Presidents says that it is an organization who's sole purpose is defending the Constitution. The award they were presenting was called the Bill of Rights Award. The cool thing though of the evening, while there I ran into:

*William H. Macy - I think I know him best from "Pleasantville" as the dad in the film and he was just an incredibly cool guy too.

After that evening, on Tuesday, I went to the Disney Cast and Crew Holiday Party which was a lot of fun. Finally went on the new Star Tours and it is a much better ride but does it really need to be 3D?? I think if it wasn't, it would be almost perfect. The night was WAY cold but very fun.

I didn't mention someone before that I ran into because to be honest, I had no idea who it was. But at the time, my friend wanted to get a picture with this person and I went ahead and got one as well figuring we would find out who they were later. Turns out, we had no clue and then about 2 months later I see her picture with someone else and find out it is:

*Ashley Benson - not know for too much but on the TV show "Pretty Little Liars" but she was also very nice.

At the movies:
A little disappointment at the box office with the new movies as they felt like they underperformed a bit. Coming in at #1 is the sequel Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows earns 40 million for it's debut. Signing in at #2 is the third installment in the family franchise of Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked earns 23.5 mil. New at #3 and in VERY limited release (mostly IMAX and the rest large format screens) is the action film Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol earns a nice 13 mil for only being on just over 400 screens! Drop down to #4 is "New Year's Eve" with 7.4 mil. Rounding off the top 5 is "The Sitter" with 4.4 mil as we see this adventure coming to end.

Quote of the week:
"Storytelling reveals meaning without committing the error of defining it." - Hannah Arendt

Other News:
This is pretty big news ... North Korea's dictator, Kim Jong Il passed away Monday (Korea time) due to heart illness. The "beloved" leader of an impoverished nation who ruled with fear and intimidation has left his mark on the world. He was a huge fan of western culture and reportedly had a collection of high priced sports cars from around the world while his people lived in darkness, literally. Kim has been very off his rocker as it were for years and during all this time, his third son has been groomed to take over which is rumored to be even more ruthless than his father was. Kim also made his people refer to him as "Dear Leader" as he smoked high end cigars and dined on gourmet cuisine. But with all of this, South Korean went on high alert as the news of Kim's passing was made public since the actions of the son are considered reckless and uncertain. Kim came into power of North Korea inherited by his farther, revered North Korean founder Kim Il Sung who died in 1994. Much like Jong Il's third son, Il Sun groomed his son for years to take control of the nation he built post Korean War. Now the real question remains, what is next for this country that potentially sits on the brink of war or commerce? Kim was 69.

Facts & Tips:
A pineapple is neither an apple or a pine. It is, in fact, a large berry.

"I was a florist." - Bubba Smith as Cadet Moses Hightower in "Police Academy."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home