Monday, October 24, 2011

I think there needs to be a device that when a fire truck, ambulance or police vehicle is coming down the street, it either cuts off or temporarily mutes your radio. I know it has happened to me where I have the radio on, windows up and I can't hear their siren. This seems potentially dangerous to me plus the fact they keep making cars that feature reduced outside noise as you enjoying being in your car in quiet or undisturbed. I have also seen cars next to me with their bass booming that it impairs my hearing and no doubt their own that you can't hear a siren in that situation either. The device could be direction too that it just somehow blocks a radio signal as the approach, just long enough to know they are coming ... but I'm sure such a device would also block cell signals. Just a suggestion.

Weekly Update:
You know, this past week has been pretty disappointing on so many levels. I think it all has to to with a major lack of sleep. From there, it just sort of snowballed into bad to more bad to more bad. I don't know what the dealio is but I hope it improves this coming week and going forward! I think I need a vacation or something ... or just a string of late night premiere after-parties! That would actually be kind of nice and not having to worry about what time I go into work the next day. This past Saturday I ended up sleeping in till almost 11AM which ... wow, I haven't done in SO many years I can't remember when! But aside from all that, the week was just long and glad it is all over with.

At the movies:
Big surprises at the box office this weekend ... The biggest of them all, taking the #1 spot with a huge opening is Paranormal Activity 3 with a nice 54 million surprise. Recently horror films have been complete failures till now as of late. Holding on to #2 is "Real Steel" with another 11.3 mil as it makes its way to a possible 100 mil cume when its said and done. At #3 is "Footlose" with 10.9 mil extra. New at #4 in a big disappointment is The Three Musketeers with only 8.8 mil for it's debut. Another 3D film biting the bullet once again. Rounding off the top 5 is "The Ides of March" with another 4.9 mil.

New movies that did not make the top 5: Just one this week as the sequel to Johnny English, comedic spy in Johnny English Reborn makes it to #8 with only 3.8 mil.

Quote of the week:
"An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come." - Victor Hugo

Other News:
Top 10 Adorable Animals from Cartoons ... This is a pretty tough list because there are thousands of cartoon characters and so many cute/adorable ones out there. So let's see how it compares ... 10) Scrat - the squirrely bug-eyed character from the "Ice Age" movies always trying to get his acorn. Cute? Not really but lightly funny. 9) Disney's Robin Hood - classic Disney film of Robin Hood as a cartoon fox. One of my old Disney favorites but certainly not adorable but more heroic. 8) Mickey Mouse - beloved icon for the Disney empire and definitely cute on many moments but surprised this wasn't further down the list. 7) Spirit - The main character from the DreamWorks film of the same name. Not cute at all, its a horse. 6) Dumbo - The flying elephant from the Disney classic movie of the same name. Cute yes but adorable, possibly. 5) Donkey - From the recent classic "Shrek" films. Not necessarily adorable but a very funny sidekick. 4) The Lions - From Disney's "The Lion King" and not adorable at all! Between Mufasa to Scar ... they are pretty strong beast and the only adorable one are the cubs but that is about it. 3) Bambi - From the Disney film of the same name and again not adorable at all! What about Thumper and Flower?! Those two are much more adorable than the title character. 2) Toothless the Night Fury - From "How to Train Your Dragon" and he was very adorable, puppy-like for a dragon. 1) Hobbes - from the classic cartoon strip Calvin and Hobbes and I would say at a team they are adorable. Most of this REALLY miss the mark with just a few hits.

Facts & Tips:
A female kangaroo is called a flyer.

"I prefer to work alone and do everything alone, even today." - Ray Harryhausen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home