Monday, December 05, 2011

Hot and cold ... So the start of the week we saw some really warm temperatures, almost in the mid 80's and we are in December. But comes the weekend and mas drops to the 60's. This coming week it is suppose to hold around there which to me, that makes sense since it is winter and we are in Southern California. We don't get snow, just rains but it is suppose to be cold ... so, we'll see what happens.

Weekly Update:
A normal week but it sure felt loooooong!! I guess when I have a busy week, it makes the time fly by. This week was very quiet for me and each day seemed like a month long! I felt like I was on Vegas time (what I like to call it because it feels like one day in Vegas is 7 days any where else). Well, I guess because it was so quiet and the amount of traffic was unbelievably bad. My office is just barely 1 mile from the freeway ... probably about 1.2 miles. The other day, Wednesday I think, it took me 90 minutes to travel that distance. Of course when I got to the freeway, it only took me an hour to travel the remaining 50 miles. Going in to work remains to be 2 hours each day no matter what time I leave in the morning. What is going on here people?! Why can't people drive? Aren't you suppose to take a series of tests before you are allowed on the road?! Simply insane and I just hope as we get closer to the end of the year it lightens up but at the same time ... not holding my breath.

At the movies:
Not a big weekend for movies this week as nothing major opened. Holding ground at #1 is "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1" earns another 16.9 million and is just short of the 250 mil cume. At #2, "The Muppets" continues and gains another 11.2 mil as it passes the 50 mil cume. At #3, "Hugo" earns an extra 7.6 mil as it slowly slows down. Holding at #4 is "Arthur Christmas" with 7.4 mil. Rounding off the top 5 is "Happy Feet Two" with another 6 mil as it just passes the 50 mil cume threshold.

Quote of the week:
"Who is rich? He that is content. Who is that? Nobody." - Benjamin Franklin

Other News:
What a crazy week in Entertainment news ... the rule of 3! They say celebrities pass away in three's but the rule doesn't say they have to be associated as in all TV or movies but just people of note or their works highly known. This week, the rule of 3 prevailed as early on British film maker Ken Russell passed away last Sunday at the age of 84. He was an off-beat director but one of his best known works was the sci-fi thriller "Altered States" from 1980. A very innovative and semi-controversial film for its time. Then the very next day, comedian Patrice O'Neal (pictured) passed after some complications with a stroke about a month ago. He was in some movies of note like "25th Hour" and "Head of State" but I think he was best known for this stand-up comedy and many comedy roast appearances. He was probably up there with Comedic Roast Master Jeffrey Ross and could dish out as well as take the jokes with the best of them. Patrice was only 41. THEN, on Thursday, actor Bill McKinney passed after a battle with lung cancer. Bill was an avid chain smoker in his earlier days which finally caught up to him. Bill has several notable roles but probably his best was from the 1972 film "Deliverance" starring Jon Voight and Burt Reynolds. Bill gave a chilling performance in this dramatic thriller. He also had memorable roles in "First Blood," "The Green Mile" and "The Outlaw Josey Wales." Bill was 80.

Facts & Tips:
You will burn seven percent more calories walking on hard dirt then pavement.

"I don't hit on every girl I see, once and awhile I let one pass." - Bill Hufsey as Christopher Donlon in the TV series "Fame."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home