Monday, January 02, 2012

NEW YEAR'S EDITION

So ends another year and thus begins the one that is suppose to end the world ... simply because an ancient calendar from South America did not go any further. Do you think that maybe it didn't go any further was because they simply thought they had it covered long enough and will add more later if they got around to it but never did because they were conquered by the Spaniards? Or perhaps the one who started the calendar died before he could continue or pass it on to someone else ... I think the least plausible is because the world is ending ... but it sure does make for good disaster movie-making and it also brings out the freaks so you know who to avoid.

Weekly Update:
Tiring week but I think that is mostly due to lack of sleep and trying to catch up on it. Still went to bed later than I should and woke up a little later than normal but not by much. The big drain was the long drive home from SF but made it just under 7 hours with 3 stops along the way which the first one took longer than the rest. So overall not bad with some minor traffic pockets ... I think I could have done it in 6 otherwise. I don't understand while traveling interstate and with signs every so often that people do not understand the concept of SLOWER VEHICLES TO THE RIGHT. I think that alone took me almost an extra hour because when you finally get by that traffic block of cars, you make your pit stop, they catch up to you that you have to go through them again. Simple rules are so hard to understand I guess.

At the movies:
The spy action continues to dominate the holiday box office as "Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol" contains the #1 spot with another 31.3 million as it passes the 134 mil cume. Holding ground at #2 is "Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows" with an additional 22.1 mil as it also passes the 130 mil cume. Still singing a tune at #3 is "Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked" with 18.3 mil as it is very close to hitting the 100 mil cume. What is with all these titles with sub:titles?! Making a charge at #4 is "War Horse" which opened on Christmas Day earns 16.9 mil with this period piece drama. Rounding off the top 5 is "The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo" earning another 16.3 mil, uncertain at this stage if it will make it to 100 mil or not.

Quote of the week:
"People ask me what I do in the winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for Spring." - Rogers Hornsby

Other News:
I was thinking of reflecting on the past year of 2011 and then I came to the realization, there is way too much to do so! From the celebrities who passed away to historical events such as finding Osama Bin Laden make 2011 (as well as any other year) so significant that to do it justice would require way to much to write. I could just reflect on the most memorable but I know I will leave something out which might have equal importance but at this very moment of typing, it slips the mind ... even for a blink of an eye. So how to do justice to a reflection of another year gone by? I don't know nor I don't think I should spend the time to try and remember because that alone would require days! I think to do it the most justice and respect ... spend 2012 reflecting upon 2011 and always remembering the other years past. Some memories may come faster than others but give it time, they will come. With that, I leave you 2011 to your own memories and symbolizing all of this is the Reflecting Pool.

Facts & Tips:
Manufacturing recycled goods uses up to 95% less energy than using raw materials.

"Your father was the creator." -Olivia Wilde as Quorra in "Tron: Legacy."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home