Monday, August 08, 2011

What a long week this has been and this coming week will be even longer as I will be taking a short road trip to Northern California. Not really looking forward to it like I usually do but I have to go. I like road trips in general over any other form of traveling. I am not sure why but I think part of it is being in control of your own travels. If I want to stop, I can stop. If I want to push on through, I can do that. Most of the time you have your own agenda with this type of travel and it is also very scenic at times. I would like to some day travel across the country and up along the Eastern Coast and maybe back to the West Coast via Canada ... that would be an interesting and at least 2 week trip to make it enjoyable. Well, someday.

Weekly Update:
Busy week but made it and glad it is over ... On Monday at the last minute I was invited to a movie premiere for a movie I sort of wanted to see but wasn't exactly going to go out of the way to see. But because of the timing and traffic, I missed the movie premiere but made it to the after-party for "The Change-Up" at the Hammer Museum which is a pretty cool place. I have been there several times for many parties but oddly enough, never to actually see what the museum has on display. While at the party, I did get to sneak in some pics with some folks:

*Leslie Mann - From various comedy movies and very sweet.
*Judd Apatow - Great comedy director and very cool guy.
*Jonah Hill - Best known for "Superbad" and "40 Year Old Virgin" and an OK guy.
*Olivia Wilde - Known from the recent "Tron" and "Cowboys & Aliens" films and extremely nice and sweet!

At the movies:
No surprise at the box office as the monkey's take over ... In at #1 Rise of the Planet of the Apes earns a hefty 54 million for its debut. Not really one for monkeys in movies of any kind but I hear the special effects are amazing. Slight drop to #2 is "The Smurfs" with another 21 mil as it quickly makes it way to a 100 mil cume. Steeper dip to #3 is "Cowboys & Aliens" with 15.8 mil as it struggles to break 100 mil before the summer is over. New at #4 is the comedy The Change-Up with only 13.5 mil. Rounding off the top 5 is "Captain America: The First Avenger" with another 13 mil as it comes short of 150 mil cume but no doubt will surpass it next week.

Quote of the Week:
"What if this is all a cruel joke on us? What if the people who hate government are good at it and the people who love government are bad at it?" - Maureen Dowd

Other News:
Double sad news in Hollywood this week as we lose two notable actors on the same day. Wednesday morning, NFL Superbowl Champ and later turned actor Bubba Smith (Charles Aaron Smith) who was Officer Moses Hightower in all of the "Police Academy" films passed away to causes unknown. His height and gentle giant attitude in those films gave him the most recognizable role of his life in the industry. He did play many one-time parts through the mid 80's and 90's in TV but his biggest role would be from the "Police Academy" franchise. He passed away at his home in Baldwin Hills, CA. Bubba was 66.

Then later on Wednesday, actress Annette Charles who is best known as Cha Cha DiGregorio from the classic film "Grease" in 1978. Her biggest claim to fame was this film and the scene where she ended up being the date opposite John Travolta in the big televised dance-off within the film. She passed in Los Angeles after complications due to cancer. She was 63.


Facts & Tips:
The medical term for writer's cramp is graphospasm.

"Yes, my sister and I were actually a very good team. We were called "fire and nice." I was "fire," 'cause of the red hair, and Claire was "nice," because it was ironic and she wasn't." - Jesse Tyler Ferguson as Mitchell Pritchett in the TV series "Modern Family."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home