Monday, June 27, 2011

Starting to warm up a bit ... but the evenings still remain cold but I like that. Last year, the summer here was unusually cool with maybe 5 days of record breaking heat. So far, we haven't had a really hot day but very cool days especially in the shade which is just perfect. I do hope the rest of the summer stays like this but I am sure it will get hot. At least it wasn't crazy humid like it was in Kansas City because that was just ridiculous! I don't know how people can live outside like that, I would be running the AC all the time! So, go find some shade and relax.

Weekly Update:
So this past week was VERY busy yet mellow at the same time. How can it be both? Well easy, I didn't have to drive all over town but I just had a lot of busy work at my desk and computer. That is one the reasons I hate travelling in general because if the purpose of the trip doesn't help the day-to-day stuff, I feel so backed up when I return. On the flip side though, if the travel is in relation to what is going work-wise then that is fine because when I do come back, not behind on anything. I would say 75% of the trips I have had to go in the past few years ... not necessary! Well, so many things in this world do not make sense ... I suppose this is one of them.

At the movies:
No surprise for the weekend with the Disney/Pixar machine going and taking the crown this weekend with Cars 2 being #1 earning a nice 68 million. Coming in at #2 above expectation is the new raunchy R-Rated comedy Bad Teacher with 31 mil for its debut. Big drop to #3 is "Green Lantern" with an additional 18.4 mil, a 65% drop from its opening weekend and no new super-hero movie to be the cause for it. Slight drop to #4 is "Super 8" with another 12.1 mil as it comes close to the 100 mil cume mark and could be this Summer's sleeper hit. Rounding off the top 5 with a modest drop is "Mr. Popper's Penguins" earning another 10.3 mil.

Quote of the week:
"I like men who have a future and women who have a past." - Oscar Wilde

Other News:
"Let me tell you a storybook story ..." this past Thursday, veteran actor Peter Falk passed away who was in one of my favorite movies, "The Princess Bride" as the grandfather coming to tell a story to his sick grandson. Falk was best known by many for his portrayal of lazy-eyed homicide police detective Columbo in the series titled the same in the 1970's. Falk has had a career that spanned movie, TV and stage where he has won several Emmy's, a Tony Award and two Oscar Nominations for his roles in the 1960 film "Murder, Inc." and in 1961 for "Pocketful of Miracles." Over the past few years, Falk was suffering from advanced dementia believed to from Alzheimer's disease. No doubt his two biggest contributions and memorable roles were from "Columbo" and "The Princess Bride" which back in 2009 he couldn't remember or recall playing Columbo. Peter passed away in his Beverly Hills home at the age of 83.

Facts & Tips:
Broccoli is the only vegetable that is also a flower.

"It's a good thing the ground was here to break our fall." - Bill Dana as Bobo in "I Wonder Who's Killing Her Now?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home