Monday, May 16, 2011

I'm not really sure what season this is anymore. I think it is suppose to be Spring going into Summer but lately it feels like Fall going into Winter! This past week the days have been sunny till the weekend when it rained. But during the week days it was bright but cold if you were in the shade with a lot of breezes. At night it dropped down into the 60's a lot which isn't that bad but for here, that is winter weather. I guess I shouldn't complain because 1) I like cold and 2) other parts of the country are suffering heavy storms and flooding. But it does make you wonder what is going on? Will we get a nice cool summer like last year with just a few scorching days? Hard to tell but the coming weeks show cool and wet days ahead.

Weekly Update:
Had a pretty normal week ... at least I think I did. Not too busy and not entirely quiet so that was good. On Tuesday night I did attend this panel at the Screen Actor's Guild (SAG) about Asian Americans or just Asians in the entertainment business. Most of if it seemed about the struggles they face and ways to overcome or potentially can do to help them. I'm not sure if that was the point of the panel but either way it was a nice evening. While there I got to meet:

*Peter Kwong- Was there to see the panel, best known as one of the storms from "Big Trouble in Little China" and a really nice guy.
*Jodi Long- Was the mother in the short lived TV series "All-American Girl" and was the moderator of the panel, also very nice.
*Chris Tashima- Academy Award Winner for a short live film he did about 10 years ago, quiet guy but nice.
*Sandra Oh- From "Grey's Anatomy" and the movie "Sideways" and was very nice.

At the movies:
The God of Thunder manages to hang on to the box office crown this week as "Thor" is #1 with an extra 34.5 million and now past 115 mil for the domestic cume. New at #2 is the comedy Bridesmaids with 24.4 mil for its debut. Slight drop to #3 is "Fast Five" with another 19.5 mil as it quickly approaches the 200 mil cume. New at #4 is the sci-fi action-thriller Priest with 14.5 mil. Rounding off the top 5 is "Rio" with 8 mil as it reaches 125 mil cume this week and probably the last time we see it on the list.

Quote of the week:
"Old age is fifteen years older than I am." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Other News:
I ran across this interesting article about the make-up women love to wear or use but men who hate it. It is a sort of list but at the same time a comparison of what women and men like on women. I found it kind of interesting. Not sure if it is in any particular order but 1) Heavy foundation and powders - I guess it covers up blemishes and such but honestly girls, we can see how thick it is and it makes us either a) wonder what you are covering and b) makes you look very fake or plastic. 2) "Bumps" - This is hair and how it sort of puffs up in the front ... I think this depends on the person and if their face structure can pull it off. 3) Neon Lipstick - really? I thought these went out in the 80's! 4) Too-thin brows - I don't mind thin eye brows as much as I hate the permanent drawn ones. The drawn ones look kind of freaky (typically) on women. 5) Bold eye-shadow: I think this sort of falls under the first point of heavy foundation. It makes them look like a raccoon or they are going to go out and fight crime. 6) Rosy cheeks - yeah, this looks worse as you get older ladies. 7) Two-toned lips - I have to agree, when the lips have two tons of lipstick it makes you look ... well, cheap. 8) Glitter - yeah I thought only Junior High kids wore glitter?

Facts & Tips:
Colors like red, yellow and orange make you hungry.

"I am a Death Dealer, sworn to destroy those known as the Lycans. Our war has waged for centuries, unseen by human eyes. But all that is about to change." - Kate Beckinsale as Selene in "Underworld."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home