Monday, June 13, 2011

iWhat?! I think this is funny, I noticed the other day how someone was writing how cool their new ITunes app worked with their IPad ... um ok. Clearly they are not a real Mac user or pay attention to how things are spelled. Although technically they are spelled correctly ... and they are names of specific products but it is incorrect. Even if the word started at the beginning of the sentence, I think it would still be incorrect as the way to properly spell it is iTunes and iPad. Now they still bothered to capitalize the 2nd letter of each word along with the first. This might be petty but at the same time, someone took a lot of time and effort to brand this look and name(s). And if it a supposedly tech savvy person writing this, don't you you think they would get that little detail right?

Weekly Update:
So last Tuesday I was walking around near the Beverly Hills area with a friend and went into this restaurant to grab a menu to go for him. Well on the way out, coming into the place with his wife (and grabbed a quick photo with him) for dinner was:

*Bob Newhart - best known for "The Bob Newhart Show" and eventually just "Newhart" and also a very nice guy.

So later in the week, this is crazy ... I had to travel for business! So Thursday morning (I mean EARLY morning like 6AM) I flew out of LAX for Kansas City, MO which I had a 2PM meeting and then dinner at 530PM. Stayed in KC overnight and then the next morning had another 6AM flight on Friday which arrived at Memphis, TN and then was suppose to continue on to Knoxville, TN for an 11AM meeting. HOWEVER, the flight from Memphis to Knoxville was cancelled and the next flight wasn't leaving till 230PM, by the time I would have arrived into Knoxville it would have been after 430PM and I wasn't going to ask the folks I had a meeting with to hang around on a Friday night ... this was actually a good thing because my original plans was to leave that same night from Knoxville to Dallas, TX back to LAX just before 12 midnight. So, I was lucky enough to get on the next flight out of Memphis at 930AM and head straight back to LAX and got home before lunch time ... I was so sleepy and exhausted. I don't want to do that again.

At the movies:
Looks like the summer box office is slowing down a bit but also no surprise at who is #1 this weekend. Taking the crown is the new sci-fi adventure film Super 8 with 37 million for its debut. Average drop down to #2 is "X-Men: First Class" with another 18.5 mil as it is just shy of 100 mil cume at 99 mil. Further drop down to #3 is "The Hangover 2" with an extra 18.5 mil as it passes 200 mil cume. Hanging on to #4 is "Kung Fu Panda 2" with 16.6 mil more. Rounding off the top 5 is "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" with 10.9 mil as it now passes the 200 mil cume mark.

New movies that did not make the top 5: Just one this week and no surprise here as the children's film Judy Moody and The Not Bummer Summer which looks like it is a bummer summer for Relativity as this flopper earns 6.3 million for its debut.

Quote of the week:
"Musical comedies aren't written, they are rewritten." - Stephen Sondheim

Other News:
Here is a fun list I stumbled across ... Top 10 Creepiest Anonymous Movie Characters! I am not a horror person by any means but lets check it out. #10: The Chatterer from "Hellraiser 2" - I guess he was a side villain but I don't remember this one at all. #9: Mr. Brown from "Reservoir Dogs" - never saw this movie so ... to me just looks like a hipster more than anything. #8: The Cowboy from "Mulholland Drive" - another movie I have never seen. #7: Mom and Dad from "People Under the Stairs" - I don't even know where they get these movies from! #6: Peeing Guy (Pictured) from "Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle" - Finally I know this one which was played by Jamie Kennedy and it was pretty creepy yet funny and random. #5: The Girl from "The Ninth Gate" - nope, never seen it. #4: The Voice from "12 Monkeys" - this film just looked long and boring to me so I skipped it. #3: The Derelict from "Hellraiser" - creepy and homeless looking. #2: The Tall Man from The Phantasm series - this was very creepy because he didn't say much and just looked threatening by just standing there. #1: Mystery Man from "Lost Highway" - I guess there is a reason I don't watch these kinds of movies ... I simply don't care for them.

Fact & Tips:
Mosquitoes have 47 teeth.

"Pretty good. Pret-ty pret-ty pret-ty good." - Larry David as Larry David in the HBO series "Curb Your Enthusiasm."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home