Monday, April 05, 2010

Well Sunday was sure an adventure, the Southland was hit with several earthquakes in the late afternoon. I was at my computer and I started to feel a slow wave like motion as if I was on a cruise ship. Then I realized it was the start of an earthquake. It went on for almost a minute because I was able to go to the stairs, had one dog come up stairs, then walk to the bedroom window to see the other dog watching the pool water splash. Then call him into the house, then wait for him to come up the stairs and join us while I watched the pool water escalate in roughness. During that entire time, I continued to feel the waving motion of the house and that was a long time. Within the next hour the San Diego area was hit with several after shocks that hit the 5.0+ scale and that initial quake was recorded at 7.1. Another day in Cali!

Weekly Update:
So I got back to losing sleep during the week ... I just can't fall asleep at night, it takes me a pretty long time and then I wake up pretty early. One day I had to wake up early to get to an early morning meeting. So what happens?? The meeting gets cancelled but I only discover this 15 minutes after the meeting was suppose to start. What is the deal with that? That really annoys me and you should never plan a meeting for first thing in the morning because so many people come in at different times, no one can predict traffic.

At the movies:
No surprise here at the box office as the remake of the 1981 classic Clash of the Titans brings in a hefty 61.4 million. However, the price tag on this film was extremely high especially for the 3-D conversions along with critics almost across the board slamming this film on both story and 3-D. New at #2 is Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married Too? with a decent 30.2 mil. I for one am just tired of him naming all these films with Tyler Perry ... Hanging on to #3 is "How to Train Your Dragon" with another 29.2 mil. Singing in at #4 is The Last Song with 16.2 mil and this time, the fat lady as sung. Rounding off the top 5 is "Alice in Wonderland" with another 8.3 mil and now over the 300 mil cume mark.

Quote of the week:
"The men the American public admire most extravagantly are the most daring liars; the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth." - H.L. Mencken

Other News:
"Good Morning, Angels" was a classic TV line of all time and it was delivered by the voice of John Forsythe who passed away on Thursday of pneumonia in Santa Ynez, California. Forsythe's voice was only one iconic thing about him aside from his suave looks and playing the patriarch in the prime time drama "Dynasty" as the super rich Black Carrington. Not only was he the voice behind the box in the hit TV show "Charlie's Angels" but he returned a generation later to reprise his role in both "Charlie's Angel's" movies. Forsythe was a student of many platforms of the arts which included TV, movies and stage. His other silver screen roles included "Destination Tokyo," "The Trouble With Harry," and "Scrooged" opposite Bill Murray in 1989. He was 92.

Facts & Tips:
Cats can hear ultrasound.

"The idea that the universe is a vast pre-programmed machine does have it appeal." - Lexa Doig as Andromeda Ascendant in the TV series "Andromeda."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home