Monday, February 22, 2010

I thought this was interesting ... I went to lunch the other day and they had a "Meat Lover's Wrap" and it came with two kinds of tomatoes and lettuce. I then thought to myself, "Not really a true meat lover's if it has three veggies in it." So I got it without the veggies and it was pretty dang good. But seriously, any true meat lover will tell you that why would I want those veggies if I am a meat lover? I feel like it is the same as getting a vegetarian platter with some bacon on it. You know what I mean??

Weekly Update:
So last week I accept a job on a consultant basis. They originally wanted me to be a full-time salaried employee but ... sort of wanted to check it out first. I must say, I was really enjoying the break from working and thought I would have the month of February off. I guess things sometimes don't work out that way but at least I got to enjoy half the month of not doing much. I do miss sleeping in the most!!! Sleep, it is so under-rated and under used in my book. So since Monday was a holiday, I started the new job on Tuesday and so far so good. Pretty easy stuff to be honest but no complaints here on that. Trying to get things up-to-speed there and figuring out the systems in place so I can use them quickly and efficiently. The people there are very nice and it is a pretty small company, only about 60 people altogether but then they are part of a MUCH larger parent company. So, we will see what happens but for now, just working again and looking forward to the weekends.

At the movies:
No surprise at the box office this weekend as Shutter Island takes top honors. What is surprising is the 40.2 million opening for this snoozer. Holding ground and a big drop to #2 is "Valentine's Day" with an additional 17.2 mil. Jumping back up in ranks to #3 is "Avatar" with 16.1 mil more. Hanging on to #4 is "Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief" with an extra 15.3 mil. Rounding off the top 5 as it quickly drops off is "The Wolfman" with only 9.8 mil more.

Quote of the week:
"Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Other News:
Did you know the Olympics where happening? Yeah, neither did I!! I think they started about a week ago Friday or something like that and to be honest, there is very little buzz on anything other than Shaun White winning the gold for snowboarding half pipe on his first run. As of today the US has 24 medals (7 gold, 7 silver, 10 bronze) while 2nd place (in medal count) Germany has a total of 18 (6 gold, 7 silver, 5 bronze). I think everything ends this coming Friday but what is interesting is this Olympics that are taking place in Vancouver, BC, Canada ... they did not need to build any new facilities or arenas unlike many other countries. Since I didn't know the Olympics were going on, I did miss the opening ceremonies which I tried to either watch or record. I did hear from so many people ... China's Olympics were 100x better. I guess the timing, the spectacle of it all was very lack luster for such an event but still would have liked to have seen it. Well, maybe the closing ceremonies will be better and hopefully I won't forget to watch them.

Facts & Tips:
Antarctica has as much ice as the Atlantic Ocean has water.

"That punk put a hole in my Versace." - Ving Rhames as Luther Stickell in "Mission: Impossible II."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home