Monday, December 28, 2009

HOLIDAY EDITION

I was wondering the other day, whatever happened to batteries having the test impressions that allowed you to see how much power was left in them little suckers? I found a bunch of batteries the other day and I wanted to know if they were all still good or not and it had me thinking, "whatever happened to those test batteries?" I guess in the long run they were just not worth the cost of making and how many people actually used them. Maybe they shortened the life of a battery with that extra indicator? Well, I think rechargeable batteries should have them since we are able to reuse them over and over again. I don't even think they make them anymore.

Weekly Update:
Had a nice holiday trip up to San Francisco. It was cold and it rained but it was still a fun holiday. It sounded like it was just as cold at home anyway so didn't miss out on that. The drive up was kind of crazy coming out of the grapevine because of all the high winds and it was dark. I don't really recommend traveling that at night if you can avoid it. The trip home was pretty long, lot of traffic but I suppose you can expect that as everyone makes their way back from the holidays. It was also freezing during the day with a lot of heavy mist and fog along the way. Did most of the drive back during the day so it wasn't as bad but the traffic was pretty bad half of the trip ... probably added at least an extra two hours to the whole drive. But, there is something about driving down your own street after a long trip and coming home.

At the movies:
Big surprise at the box office as "Avatar" hangs on to the #1 spot with only a 3% drop from last week, however having a holiday in there sure helps. It lead the weekend with an additional 75 mil and now just breaking the 200 mil cume mark. Still a ways to go to pay off that 500 mil price tag but it just got a lot easier. New at #2 is the new vision of Sherlock Holmes with a debut of 65.4 mil. In at #3 is Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakuel with a weekend opener of 50.2 mil however this film did open on a Wednesday so it has a grand opening total of 77.1 mil. New at #4 is the romance-comedy It's Complicated with 22.1 mil. Rounding off the top 5 is "Up In The Air" with an additional 11.8 mil as it also saw a huge screen count increase as well.

Quote of the week:
"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of Television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson

Other News:
Let's end this last blog of mine for 2009 with ... A LIST!!! This is a fun one (I think at least), the top 10 games of the decade! These are based off of Yahoo! Games and let's see how they do with my take on them. In at #10) Super Mario Galaxy (2007) for the Nintendo Wii. I haven't played this but so far I have enjoyed all the Wii games I have played. #9) Half-Life 2 (2004) mainly for the PC. I didn't care much for the first Half-Life all around so didn't bother with this one. #8) Wii Fit (2007) for ... well, the Wii of course. Have not tried it and heard mixed reviews on it. #7) Bejeweled (2001) for the PC. Fun but I hate the free trial and time limit versions, those get boring faster than just playing it! #6) Wii Sports (2006) and haven't tried it myself. #5) Halo (2001) for X-Box. Seriously this game looks fun and intense as a multi-player group but honestly, this is the only thing keeping X-Box alive. #4) Guitar Hero (2005) for the PS2. Limiting and set the stage for bigger and better things. #3) The Sims (2000) for the PC. Boring and more boring ... next. #2) World of Warcraft (2004) for the PC. Without a doubt the leading MMORPG out there but for me it is just lame and the graphics are actually really bad. And the #1 game for the decade according to this list is ... Grand Theft Auto III (2001) for the PS2. Agree that it is a fun and addicting game but #1? Possibly. I was hoping Rock Band would be on there as it is both fun, able to update and a great group activity.

Facts & Tips:
Wipe the leaves of your plants with the soft inside of a banana skin to bring up shine and remove dust.

"It's been very important for me to stick to the tone. I feel so reverential to the first two [movies], I'm not reinventing anything that's already been done." - Director Brett Ratner on movies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home