Monday, October 19, 2009

Hot and cold ... we just can't seem to make up our mind! During the week through Saturday we hit almost 100 degree temps but then Saturday night through Sunday it was nice and cool to almost cold! Just before all of this we had some nice rain on top of it being cold that I needed to pull out the jacket. During all of this, I observed something which I always knew about but it sort of hit me on Wednesday as I was driving into work ... how come if it is 68 degrees outside and I have my car AC temp set to 65 BUT do not have the AC on, just the fan going ... it is actually getting warmer?! Now I am sure it has something to do with the engine but there should be a different control or gauge when not using the AC but the vented air or how about a separate temperate notification so that you know if you use the non-AC air it will actually be 75 degrees instead of the 68 outside! Tell me these things!

Weekly Update:
Not much of a past week except for the crazy weather we have been having. Work is work and still not 100% sure what is going on but I suspect we will know the final decisions this week and we already know what the outcomes will be. I forgot to mention but I did go to Club 33 last Sunday which was pretty cool. That is the members only restaurant in New Orleans part of Disneyland right next to the Blue Bayou Restaurant. The service was amazing and the food was pretty good but not "blow your mind" fantastic. It was a sort of post Anniversary celebration since the only time I could get for dinner was last Sunday. I think membership is something like 20k to 25k a year and what really gets me is that it doesn't include entrance into the park. You have to get that separate and of course the price of the meal is about $200 for 2 ... without alcohol. It was well worth going at least once if I never am able to go again.

At the movies:
Flight of fantasy takes the box office crown as the beloved book turned movie earns top honors! The live action Where the Wild Things Are earns a hefty 32.5 million in its debut. New at #2 is the drama Law Abiding Citizen with 21.3 mil. Climbing up to #3 is "Paranormal Activity" with 20.2 mil which is an increase of nearly 155% from the previous week. I have heard as a movie, this film is terrible but as a roller coaster ride, it is good. Dropping down to #4 is "Couples Retreat" with an extra 17.9 mil. Rounding off the top 5 is suspense thriller The Stepfather with only 12.3 mil and lucky it even made the top 5.

Quote of the week:
"All drama is about lies. When the lie is exposed, the play is over." - David Mamet

Other News:
I found another fun list!! This one is about the worst cars of the 2000's according to Cars.com and to be eligible for the list means the car would have been sold somewhere in the 2000's. Starting from the bottom as we work our way up, at #10 is Pontiac Aztek which I have never seen nor heard of ... but then again I am not much of a fan for Pontiac. #9: Daewoo Anything which is another car I have never heard of nor seen. In at #8 is the Isuzu VehiCROSS which like most Isuzu is a 2-door SUV. I never seen this particular one. At #7 is the Jaguar X-Type - I feel since Jaguar became an American company it has lost its edge altogether. #6: Pontiac Sunfire - wow, yet another Pontiac makes the list! #5: Cadillac Catera - never seen this one either! #4: Toyota Echo - in general I like Japanese made cars but Toyota as the parent brand isn't that great at all. I think I have seen these little subcompacts around and not very appealing. #3: Jeep Compass - Jeep in general is a solid card but I heard the Compass was very unsafe. #2: Chrysler Sebring - seen these and not attractive at all, at least they do not hold up their image past the first year or two. And the #1 worst car of 2000 to 2009 according to Cars.com is ... Smart ForTwo! I call these "zip-zip" cars because that is what I think about it when I see them. Of course I also think how far a truck of any size could punt that vehicle if it were to even tap it in an accident. The only practical place I can see these cars is Catalina Island if you don't want to use a golf cart ... and who doesn't want to use a golf cart!!

Facts & Tips:
Oysters can change genders back and forth.

"I've got a big one for you." - Bruce Thomas as UPS Guy in "Legally Blonde."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home