Monday, March 29, 2010

HOLY CRAP this daylight savings time frame always screws me up. I don't realize when it is almost 7pm and I am still in the office. Plus I am nearly falling asleep every day. I need to catch up on my sleep and soon ... so so sleepy. I've been trying the choccochino at work which is a combination of coffee and hot chocolate and it doesn't help. Plus I don't care for coffee to begin with even though it is hazelnut blend. I wish we could work 10 hour days and just work 4-days a week ... oh wait, I usually do work 10 hours day ... ok, where is my 4-day work week??

Weekly Update:
Unlike the past two weeks, this last one was really mellow and I enjoyed it. Except the work part which was very slow and quiet ... but in the next month I have some stuff that are kind of tight together that in the middle of the month it may get a bit crazy but we shall see. You know with all the rush this, hurry that in the world ... it is nice to just relax more often and re-charge and unwind. I think many people lose sight of that and get caught in a cycle of work-work-sleep-work.

At the movies:
Animated takes the crown this week as How To Train Your Dragon earns a nice 43.3 mil. A solid number for the beginnings of Spring Break so hopefully it will hold for a bit. Slight drop to #2 is "Alice in Wonderland" with an extra 17.3 mil and now just shy of the 300 mil cume mark! Laughing in at #3 is Hot Tub Time Machine with 13.7 mil and a decent opening for a comedy of this type ... but the studio behind it needed way more to help its empty pockets. At #4 is "The Bounty Hunter" with another 12.3 mil. Rounding off the top 5 and a big drop to #5 is "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" with an extra 10 mil.

Quote of the week:
"The time is always right to do what is right." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Other News:
More sad news in Hollywood as veteran actor Robert Culp passed away on Wednesday after he collapsed outside his Hollywood home. Culp was best known for his role in the TV series "I Spy" opposite Bill Cosby and what is also considered a ground breaking TV series. The show was the first integrated television show to feature a black actor in a starring role. I knew Culp best as agent Bill Maxwell in "The Greatest American Hero" TV series. His credits were numerous and included such films and TV shows like; "Turk 182," "The Rifleman," "PT 109" and "The Pelican Brief." Being a California native, he was born in Oakland, CA and attended schools in Stockton and San Francisco. When Martin Luther King, Jr. was killed, Culp and Cosby went out to Memphis, Tenn., to join the striking garbage workers King had been organizing. His death is found to be accidental, Culp was 79.

Facts & Tips:
Frogs cannot swallow with their eyes open.

"Thou art notified that that thy kind has infiltrated the galaxy too far already. Thou art directed to return to thine own solar system immediately." - John de Lancie as Q in the TV series "Star Trek: The Next Generation."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home