Monday, March 15, 2010

DAYLIGHT SAVINGS EDITION

So now is the time were the clocks jump AHEAD one-hour ... I hate this one. More daylight and I lose that precious hour of sleep that I need, especially this past week where I haven't slept since the following Friday or even longer than that!! So so tired ... and this is also the LAS VEGAS BOUND EDITION since I am here for the annual ShoWest Convention ... but at least this trip will be more relaxing then most previous ones since I am sort of here on my own accord instead of for work. Not sure how this week will play out but we shall see. Hopefully it will be mostly kick-back and relax but you never know when things pop up!

Weekly Update:
This past week was pretty dang tiring for me ... I haven't drank coffee in YEARS. I mean I have had frapaccino's awhile back but coffee itself, hardly ever. I did drink some to help me stay awake at the office but I did make the mochachino's which is half hot chocolate and half coffee (hazelnut blend). It was pretty dang good but I am hoping when I return back to the office next week, I won't need it! Actually being in Vegas may be good, at least I can pretty much sleep in for the most part ... ah sleep ... can never get enough of it!! But other than that, the week was so-so, work wasn't anything special. Handling one movie is kind of ... slow. Well, as the opening draws near, let's see if that speed changes any as it gets closer.

At the movies:
The strange still owns the box office crown as "Alice in Wonderland" earns a nice 2nd week of 62 million with a 10-day cume of just over 200 mil! New at #2, what looks like a Bourne prequel is The Green Zone with 14.5 mil. Kind of a weak gross when compared to the 2nd week of the #1 movie. Showing up at #3 is the comedy She's Out of my League with only 9.6 mil but honestly, a bit more than I would have guessed. New at #4 is Remember Me with only 8.3 mil and it just goes to show you that Robert Patterson is only good for one film series. Rounding off the top 5 is "Shutter Island" with another 8.1 mil and now just hitting the 100 mil cume.

New movies that did not make the top 5: Just one this week as the poorly made comedy Our Family Wedding chimes in at #6 with 7.6 mil and probably the end of this movie.

Quote of the week:
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." - Sir Winston Churchill

Other News:
Another sad week in Hollywood as we lose another two of its own. The first is once child actor who had fallen from grace, Corey Haim who is best know for his roles in "The Lost Boys" and "License to Drive" both opposite long time friend Corey Feldman. Haim had fallen out of the public eye shortly afterwards from various drug related reasons and tried to revitalize his career with a reality show called "The Two Coreys" which never caught on. Corey felt ill very early Wednesday morning when he was rushed to Providence St. Joseph Medical Center in Burbank where he was later pronounced dead at 2:15 AM. Haim was 38.

Suffered from an apparent heart attack outside his LA home, best known as Jim Phelps from "Mission: Impossible" as the leader of a group of special agents ... Peter Graves died Sunday. Graves had just returned from a Sunday breakfast outing with his family when he collapsed making his way back to his home. I remember him from some great works such as the classic "Stalag 17" where he played the German spy amongst POW's in a Nazi prison camp during WWII. His comedy flair as Clarence Oveur in the 1980 disaster movie spoof "Airplane!" and of course his long standing action-drama of the TV series "Mission: Impossible." Graves is survived by his wife and college sweetheart of over 50 years, three daughters and six grandchildren. Graves would have been 84 later this week.

Facts & Tips:
The lifespan of a taste bud is 10 days.

"I shop, therefore I am." - Justine Bateman as Mallory Keaton in the TV series "Family Ties."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home