Monday, March 19, 2007

I made it one piece!! Vegas was incredibly tiring this time around and I am so burnt out on food, meetings and smoke. I did have a good time all-in-all but somethings I could have done without. It was exceptionally dry this time around as well but hey, its a desert. What is also funny was the day I left (Friday) it got really hot and the folks going back to NY were hit with a snow storm of about 6 to 12 inches.

Weekly Update:
I only saw one movie at this convention this year and it was
Hot Fuzz and I liked it. It was a pretty funny movie with some over-the-top action which was completely intentional. Not a film for kids by any means. I believe its R-rated but the high school and up crowds should enjoy it.

I also got to meet a handful of celebs again this year at the
33rd ShoWest Convention which is always a treat for me and all of them were amazingly friendly this year:

*
Jerry Weintraub- Producer and an amazing guy!
*
Shia LaBeouf- He is almost a kid (20) that is growing up fast, very level-headed.
*
Emma Roberts- Charming!
*
Dane Cook- Not very funny but a cool enough guy.
*
Quentin Tarantino- Really interesting and very nice.
*
Robert Rodriquez- Low-key kind of guy.
*
Rose McGowan- Very approachable and nice.
*
Rosario Dawson- Incredibly nice and beautiful!
*
Freddy Rodrique- Quiet and a cool guy.
*
Steve Carell- What a NICE guy, and very funny to boot!
*
Don Cheadle- An amazing actor in general and was pretty funny.
*
James Marsden- Caught him in passing and was so nice, also met his mom who was charming.
*
"Stone Cold" Steve Austin- Yep, another wrestler coming to the big screen but he was such a great guy and talked to my friend and I for what felt like 20 minutes.

At the movies:

SPARTA rules the weekend once again fending off against all intruders as "300" earns a hefty 31.2 million at the box office and a cume of over 127 mil! Disney still is oinking away at #2 as "Wild Hogs" revs up another 18.8 mil and just pass the 100 mil cume mark this weekend! The Sony suspense thriller of
Premonition comes in at #3 with a decent 18 mil for the opening weekend. New at #4 is another suspense (but horror) movie, Dead Silence with a sad 7.8 mil. Rounding off the top 5 is the dramadey (drama/comedy) that stars, written by and directed by Chris Rock, I Think I Love My Wife with only a 5.7 mil opening. The movie did have a smaller screen count then all the other new films however its not a great number by any means.

Comment Response:
None at this time.

Other News:
Happy Saint Patrick's Day! Saturday was St. Patty's Day and 7 US soldiers were killed in Iraq. On Sunday another 4 were killed and 1 wounded ... not a great way to celebrate. Irish or not, I wish all the US Soldiers abroad the "luck of the Irish" and hope it brings them home in one piece.

Facts & Tips:

The San Francisco cable cars are the only mobile National Monuments.

"I'm Bart Simpson. Who the hell are you?"- Nancy Cartwright as the voice of Bart Simpson in the TV Series "The Simpsons"

1 Comments:

At March 24, 2007, Blogger Samara Oz said...

"Hot Fuzz"--why the R-rating? Let me know and I'll consider seeing it. Some things bother me more than others. (Context and presentation are of utmost importance to my sensibility.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home