Monday, January 15, 2007

MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. EDITION

I love me the three day weekends and I know I have said this before, each month should have at least one 3-day weekend. Its a great break-up in the weekly work routine and at the same time recognizes something or someone we should appreciate. I am sure some folks don't even know or care why they have it off but just have it off ... that is fine too. I also know some states do not recognize the holiday let alone the man (Arizona sucks), which is wrong on other levels. To me he was a dreamer, a believer, and an inspirational leader.

Weekly Update:
This past week had many highs and lows, busy some days and then others I was almost brain-dead from boredom ... odd how things fluxuate like that. This week is going to be a nice short one because of today being off for me. I do have at least one event to attend to for charity on Thursday night which should be fun. Otherwise I am looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend already!! I do have some trips to plan for February for Norcal though and meetings/presentations I have to give, thrill.

At the movies:
Step up as Stomp The Yard takes the box office crown this weekend with a 4-day total of 26.4 million. That is a pretty solid number for this time of year. Holding in at #2 is "Night at the Museum" with an additional 21.5 mil and now over 190 mil cume. Also holding at #3 is "Pursuit of Happyness" with an extra 11 mil. Singing in at #4 is "Dreamgirls" with 10.2 mil, this movie doesn't seem to be doing that well because it had almost a 100% increase in screen count yet dropped 4% in gross. Writing in at #5 is "Freedom Writers" with another 8.7 mil.

New to the box office that did not make the top 5 is actually a few films. At #6 is Universal's Alpha Dog with only 7.6 mil and maintains the lack-luster record for the studio over the past few months. In at #8 is Primeval with only 7.5 mil, I think horror films are out for the moment. Rounding off the lowbies at #9 is the MGM smash(ed) hit Arthur & The Invisibles only finding 5.8 mil at the box office.

Comment Response:
Happy New Year back at ya Adena! Although Bush's adminstration may have had record contributions for AIDS in South Africa, its also a sort of scale of economics and I thing because of Bono and the Red chairty and campaign, personally for me its so minimal when you take a look at the whole Bush legacy.

Other News:
Huge winter storms hitting all over, over 30 have been killed from it. That is sad to hear and at the same where was this last month? Out here its been very sunny however really cold for this area (almost 35 degrees!!). I know that is nothing but when your average night temp is around 60 and day 80, that is cold.

Tips & Facts:
The smallest county in America is New York County, better known as Manhattan.

"Oh, you have no idea. You got me straight trippin', boo!"- Eugene Levy as Howie Rottman in "Bringing Down the House"

1 Comments:

At January 16, 2007, Blogger Samara Oz said...

It's 35F here today too and we are freezing our Southern buns off!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home