Monday, November 06, 2006

Did you know this is my 40th Blog posting since I started this ... huh, for some reason it does not feel like it should be that much. Well next year it should be 52 if I continue to do it weekly and it seems like its working out best for me this way.

Weekly Update:
Last Sunday I broke down and I bought another Alienware but this time a laptop. I did do some extensive research and really the only two gaming machines that I can see out there with support are Alienware and Dell (although Dell technically owns Alienware but it still runs as a seperate company). After price comparison and just really word-of-mouth, Dell came out way more in cost for a machine versus Alienware with the same or better specs. So besides price, Dell has probably some of THE worse customer service (CS) rival only to SBC Yahoo. I would pay more for something if I knew they had a great CS but Dell's is so non-existant to laughable, why waste the money? Alienware isn't great but at least they eventually come through. The laptop has a lot of desktop components in it ... so it should be better than my desktop! Right now I think I am set to get it toward the end of November.

At the movies:
Jagshemash! His name is a Borat Sagdiyev and he likes you, he like sex! Taking the box office by storm is the limited release comedy Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan with a huge 26.4 million opening and a per screen average of over 31k! That is an amazing number for this R-Rated comedy and its great to see it be such a HUGE hit!! It's a very funny movie but if you do not understand the comedy, it can be very offensive. New on the #2 spot and Christmas showing up early is The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause opening with 20 mil and to put it in perspective with Borat, a per screen average of 5,700. Also new this week at #3 is the animated feature from Dreamworks and Aardman Entertainment (Wallace and Gromit folks) is Flushed Away with 19.1 mil. This isn't the traditional Wallace and Gromit style of claymation but a full animated feature from Aardman instead. Still slicing away at #4 is "Saw III" with an additional 15.5 mil and hanging tight is "The Departed" to round off the top 5 with 8 mil putting it over the 100 mil mark cume!

Comment Response:
None at this time.

Other News:
As election day draws near, you see the president doing a very extensive road tour promoting the Republican candidates in the various states (mostly red ones). Right now the Democrats are poised to sweep or get the majority of seats in congress and the senate. What is funny is they are doing very little compared to the Republicans. I love how Bush is calling on the Democrats to show their plan for Iraq ... um, where is his? Personally, he is doing more damage than good because he is just reminding the public of the failure of Iraq. The call for an additional 20,000 troops to Iraq and extending additional tours for many units is up on the table. For some that would mean a 4th and 5th tour which is just insane. October did break the record for the most US soldiers killed in Iraq since January of last year (100) and on 11/3 another 5 were killed along with 61 civilians killed and 45 wounded from gunfire and bombings.

Facts & Tips:
A one-minute kiss burns 26 calories.

"My mother used to say..."If you can't say something nice about someone, make sure they're out of the goddamn room!""- Wayne Newton as Julian Grendel in "The Adventures of Ford Fairlane"

4 Comments:

At November 08, 2006, Blogger yo said...

All I've read about the Borat movie was that it wasn't doing well and was just offending everyone. I thought it was strange, because I remeber the Ali G show being really funny. Thanks for providing the figures McDuck :)

 
At November 10, 2006, Blogger Samara Oz said...

That Borat picture is the scariest thing I've seen in a long time.

 
At November 11, 2006, Blogger McDuck said...

I like!

 
At November 12, 2006, Blogger Samara Oz said...

Here's your one minute kiss, McDuck! (On the forehead.) I wonder if you can burn calories by being the one who's kissed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home