Monday, October 09, 2006

Well, the LA Dodgers got swept by the NY Mets ending their baseball year last Saturday. Now both local teams for me are out but I think California still has 2 teams in the play-offs. I know the A's are still in or at least last time I checked they were. Baseball ... it sure does go on for a LONG time and I guess that is why its such a money-losing venture in the long run. 90% of the team owners lose money each year and the ones who do make money are the playoff champs. I think with so many games and the season so long (seriously it stretches over 3 seasons: Spring, Summer, Fall ... maybe even Winter?) its no wonder its a money-losing business. Well, before we know it, the first day of baseball will be upon us again and the cycle continues ...

Weekly Update:
This past weekend was very low key for me which I really need. Its been just one long week after another lately and its not because its busy, actually quiet the opposite but the work stress level has increased ten-fold. Its more senseless stuff than anything else and to me that weighs more than complicated situations that do make sense. Well, to me anyway that is. I know next week will be pretty hectic for me so I better try and get to bed at decent hours.

At the movies:
A little bit of a surprise but WB's The Departed takes the #1 spot this weekend with a strong 27 million in a out-of-season time frame for movies. Taking a second place spot with a decent but below expected gross is New Line's Texas Chainsaw: The Beginning with only 19.2 mil. Showing up at #3 with an additional 16 mil is "Open Season" as this Fall animated laugher continues to go strong. New to the scene at #4 is Lionsgate comedy Employee of the Month with an unexpected high of 11.8 mil. Rounding off the top 5 is "The Guardian" with an additional 9.6 mil as it discovers its sea legs.

Comment Response:
None at this time.

Other News:
This is kind of cool, the city of San Francisco is being completely outfitted for wifi. They are going to install radio boxes everywhere on street lights and telephone poles. So basically anywhere in the city, you can use the wifi to check things on the internet with any wireless device. I believe I heard it will be a joint partnership with two companies, one of them being Google. There is no cost being hit to the city (that I know of) and it will be 100% free to access/use. I still hate Google though as a search engine (one of the worst I have used) but that is one way to stay up with technology. San Francisco, a city growing with technology ... they should use that as their city slogan.

Tips & Facts:
Googal is a number

"Never send an adult to do a kid's job."- Alexa Vega as Carmen Cortez in "Spy Kids"

1 Comments:

At October 13, 2006, Blogger Samara Oz said...

That is interesting news about the wifivication of Frisco. I am relieved the city isn't paying for it though, because that would be a huge waste of tax dollars. Next thing you know, they'd be buying i-pods and cell phones for the homeless.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home