Monday, February 05, 2007

Summer in the winter, that is what SoCali is all about. Sure it gets very cold at night but compared to other places in the country, its a heat wave! But over the weekend we had some pretty warm weather and I guess we can thank Punxsutawney Phil for that because he didn't see his shadow and wasn't afraid. Means an early spring but here, it means summer. Thanks Phil.

Weekly Update:
So at work on Friday they were doing some promotional stuff on the upcoming movie Reno 911!: Miami with the entire crew. It looked like they were having a ton of fun and at lunch time, I got me some free In-N-Out made to order and snuck in some pics with:

*Ben Garant
*Niecy Nash
*Kerri Kenney
*Thomas Lennon

All of them were incredibly nice and couldn't have met a cooler group of folks! I only got half the cast, the others were gone as I was working my way around. OH well, I am sure they would have been just as nice too!

At the movies:
Horror takes the box office this week as The Messengers opens with 14.5 million. New at #2 is Because I Said So with 13 mil at the box office. Holding in ok at #3 is "Epic Movie" for an additional 8.2 mil and holding strong at #4 is "Night at The Museum" with an extra 6.8 mil and a cume over 225 mil! Taking a big drop to #5 is "Smokin' Aces" with 6.3 mil and also a 56% drop.

Comment Response:
None at this time.

Other News:
Mother nature strikes back in Florida, mass suicide bombings in Iraq and helicopters being shot down in Iraq ... but this week bowls down to: Colts or da Bears? Superbowl Sunday and who did you want to win? Personally I am not a fan of either team but I did want to see the commericials. The ads this year were kind of lackluster and the ones that tried to be funny, I actually found distasteful. The Fedex on the moon, I thought it was horrible when the guy was hit into space and then killed by the meteor. Or for careerbuilders when all those people went off the cliff like lemmings to their death. There was maybe two marginally good commercials but this year, they kind of sucked.

Facts & Tips:
Americans on average eat 18 acres of pizza everyday.

"I need ya buddy!"- David Hasselhoff as Michael Knight from the TV series "Knight Rider"

2 Comments:

At February 09, 2007, Blogger Samara Oz said...

Okay, I care so little I still don't know who won or even what city the Colts are from. No wonder my son feels like a nerd. We aren't indoctrinating him with enough American culture! Oh well. I'm just gonna keep on going to the opera! Last week was "Faust."

 
At February 09, 2007, Blogger Samara Oz said...

I remember wanting to marry David H when I grew up because I loved Knight Rider. Funny, now I think he's a twit. Must have something to do with BayWatch...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home