Monday, January 22, 2007

Why does Google suck so much? Can anyone tell me this? Again I use the search engine because it defaults when using this blog system and again it gives me nothing that I can use from the result of the search. I pop over to Yahoo and get 4 to 5 relevant items ... what's the deal?! I would think they pull from similiar or same resources. On top of that, the old to new blog change-thingy-system is a pain in the REAR!!! You heard me, PAIN!! That really sucks and its just so annoying.

Weekly Update:
So last Tuesday my friend Irving had me come visit him while he was working on some DVD extras and one of the people they interviewed with was Edward James Olmos!! Talk about a very mellow and nice guy. He did a movie for one of his sons and it was interesting to hear about how it all came together and what he thought of his son's work ethic and directorial debut. But a really really nice guy.

On Thursday I had another Young Variety event which was a pretty good success at a new venue. Right after that though I caught up with some friends at the Smokin' Aces after-party. I was very lucky and got into the "special room" to get some snaps with:

*Jason Bateman- very cool and mellow guy.
*Peter Berg- nice enough guy.
*Alicia Keys- Extremely nice and a knock-out!
*Barry Shabaka Henley- NICE guy!
*Chris Rock- an ok guy.
*Ned Vaughn- very nice guy.

At the movies:
Holding the line is "Stomp The Yard" as it takes the box office crown for the second week in a row with another 13.3 million. Right behind it and holding very strong is "Night At The Museum" with an additional 13 mil and a cume now over 205 mil! Also holding in at #3 is "Dreamgirls" with finally a positive gross of 8.7 mil (4% higher than the previous week). However to put it into a little perspective, the screen count increased AGAIN about another 25%. New at #4 is The Hitcher with only 8.2 mil. January is just not a month to release a horror picture, if something were to hit, its just dang lucky. Rounding off the top 5 is the "Pursuit of Happyness" with another 6.7 mil.

Comment Response:
None at this time.

Other News:
On Saturday, Senator Hillary Clinton of New York entered the 2008 Democratic Presidential run for the white house! From any woman out there, I think she is the best candidate not only from a gender perspective but a political one. This upcoming race for the presidency is going to be extremely interesting with all the issues being left behind either damaged or unresolved. From fuel/global warming, to health care, to terrorism, to out of control government spending, to Iraq!! The US is a body that is completely crippled from a HUGE accident and the current adminstrations, what I like to call, "one bandaid" fix doesn't cover anything. Also in the mix for the upcoming race is the first seriously viable black candidate, Senator Barack Obama of Illinois. In my opinion, the democrats have the next presidency in the bag, president Bush has made sure of that. I thought it was always interesting in the past how the Democrats were known for higher taxes but little spending and Republicans for less tax yet more spending. During the Clinton Administration it was about stable to lower taxes and deficit becoming a surplus (we were SO close too). Then Bush Jr came into the game and changed that image 180 degrees for Republicans with high and NEW taxes along with the biggest deficit in US History! Between Obama and Clinton, I think Clinton could take it ... Obama does have many strengths over weaknesses but to me, Clinton has all strength to no weaknesses.

Speaking of Iraq, over the weekend 25 soldiers were killed in one of the bloodiest days in two years there.

Facts & Tips:
There are more telephones than people in Washington, D.C.

"Hey, Biff. One more thing. After we beat you, the Warriors die and the Ducks fly."- Kenan Thompson as Russ Tyler in "D3: The Mighty Ducks"

1 Comments:

At January 22, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

McDuck, you really think Clinton is a good candidate? I watched an interview with her on PBS a couple of days ago and she scares me. I am a single, white, woman and there is no way in hell I would vote for her.
-Adena

 

Post a Comment

<< Home