Monday, March 05, 2007

A little under the weather this week but I guess its good to get it now then later when I am in Vegas all next week ... thrill. I already saw the schedule of events and the schedule of meetings I have to attend and it does sucketh majorius. This convention use to be fun at some point but now its just work and more work. What is worse its no longer 9 to 5 but 9 to midnight or even 8 am to 1 am ... I am already very tired just thinking about it.

Weekly Update:
Pretty full week last week in preperations for ShoWest in Las Vegas. It was almost a blur and so glad its over too. There were a couple of days that I wish I wasn't there and it also rained a bit too which was actually nice except for traffic. This week it looks like it suppose to start warming up, bummer.

At the movies:
Men on bikes is the favorite this weekend as Disney's Wild Hogs takes the box office crown with a roaring 38 million! A huge number for all the stars involved in this comedy. New at #2 is the thriller Zodiac with a low 13.1 mil. Holding in at #3 is "Ghost Rider" with an additional 11.5 mil but a cume getting close to 100 mil. Also holding in at #4 is "Bridge to Terabithia" with an extra 8.6 mil making Disney the king of the box office for this week even more so. And rounding off the top 5 is "The Number 23" with 7 mil more as this New Line film continues to add to their dismal track record for 2006 and now 2007.

New movies not in the top 5: Only one this time but not a big surprise either as Black Snake Moan chimes in with 4 million and at the #8 at the box office ... maybe it will make some money on DVD.

Comment Response:
I do think a train across country would be very cool, espcially like Canada or Europe. The ride up took about 15 hours with delays, but back was way shorter (less stops). As for the Oscars, I always enjoy them for the most part and there was a political sense about this one but it was centered around Al Gore and saving the natural resources ... so it was a good positive message (in my opinion). And I agree about Ellen's sitcom, it was very funny when it started and then simply became way boring. Not even a gay issue or it doesn't bother me in the slightest ... but I want funny!! It lost it along the way.

Other News:
Last week they finally laid to rest Anna Nicole Smith after a court battle of possesion of the body. The mom was so removed from her life I wonder if she only wanted it for publicity and the cash of selling exclusive photo rights (which is what Howard K. Stern did). Is James Brown even buried yet? And he died on Christmas day of last year! With all this press shifting to Anna Nicole, is Brittney Spears going to do something crazy again to get her name back on top? Is she that crazy and is that what she has been doing with shaving her hair off and going in and out of rehab? One has to wonder about all of that.

Facts & Tips:
If you drive from Los Angeles to Reno, NV., you will beheading West.

"My mom reckons I'm going to be a star. And stars don't fall from the sky."- Lou Diamond Phillips as Ritchie Valens in "La Bamba"

1 Comments:

At March 05, 2007, Blogger Samara Oz said...

McDuck, you are such an easy-going, contented kind of guy. The shows have to be pretty bad if you aren't excited about them.

By political, I didn't mean liberal, I meant people in the industry voting for certain movies, actors, etc. for the wrong reasons. For instance, best actress. Halle Berry does a nude scene and gets an Oscar. Nicole Kidman, abandoned by Cruise, gets an Oscar. Some of the worst performances get Oscars, like Kate Winslet in "Titanic." I start thinking no one can act anymore. So then I watch a British film full of ugly people who are all believable actors, not just painted faces. I just don't take Hollywood seriously any more.

Oh, and I'm sorry Anna Nicole wasn't buried in Texas so I could have paid my last repects in person. She was such a great example to all other Texans...of what happens when a sorry slut strikes it rich and her whole existence unravels before the world.

Britney--ditto. I just feel sorry for their kids. You can't act like an idiot and expect there to be no repercussions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home