Monday, April 29, 2019

It has been some very strange weather as of late.  More clouds and such with a tease of rain but nothing.  I was at dinner the other night and when I arrived at the restaurant it was bright and sunny.  But then you can see off in the distance, a huge wave of dark rain clouds.  It was slowly making it's way towards this area every time I looked up.  It was like that scene from the movie "Independence Day" when the space ships were moving in and created that massive cloud cover.  But what was funny is as it got closer and closer, it shifted and then now I could see it moving past and not actually coming my way!  That was the bummer part because I was looking forward to getting it with some much needed and wanted rain!

Weekly Update:
What week is this?  What year is it?!?!  I have no clue anymore.  I don't know who this guy is in this picture I found but apparently they are the poster child for "confused" across the globe!  And ... rightfully so it appears or seems like.  How did I not get this gig with my every day look I wonder?  I guess it was both timing and being at the right place.  I wonder what he was thinking?  I am thinking what he is thinking probably and yes, we are now both confused.

At the movies:
After the dust has settled, the official numbers are in.  A BIG surprise in an opening weekend number for Avengers: Endgame but of course taking the #1 spot (and will maintain it for awhile) and coming in with a total of 357.1 million.  Record-breaking for a holiday and non-holiday weekend, repeat business will carry this close to a billion.  And right behind that at #2 is "Captain Marvel" with 8.3 mil which now has surpassed the 400 mil mark.  Not a lot of flight in this one but that total is still huge and gives Disney/Marvel the lead for a long while.  Drop down to #3 is "The Curse of La Llorona" with 8 mil more and also not a lot on this one.  Drop down to #4 is "Breakthrough" with 6.8 mil and quickly dropping out.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Shazam!" with 5.6 mil and doing OK for it's 4th week.

Quote of the week:

"With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Facts & Tips:

The national animal of Scotland is the unicorn.

"I travel alone." - Lucy Lawless as Xena in the TV series "Xena: Warrior Princess."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home