Monday, July 15, 2013

The heat is on ... a pretty warm week but not terrible compared to the one before 4th of July.  But I think the heat makes people stupid or something because I watched someone walking down the street with a shopping cart (was in a grocery store parking lot) but instead of going to the left or right side, they go down the middle.  Well ok, I've seen that before but as you approach facing them, one would think they would move to one side or the other ... nope, not this larger lady.  She kept coming towards me and then maybe a car length left, she turned right and went into the next parking row!  She wasn't even parked in the row I was in.  I don't understand some people ... ok, I mean MOST people.

Weekly Update:

Man what did I do this past week ... I don't even remember.  I guess not a lot if its all a blur or lack of worth noting!  OH wait, I went to a big meeting at IMAX, that was pretty cool seeing their offices and our latest trailer on an smaller IMAX screen, sounded awesome though.  Then just some more conference calls and other small meetings.  Trying to stay cool all week, the days were pretty warm but the nights were very cool.  This upcoming week however, looks INSANE!!  Report on it next week but I feel several days of no sleep coming up.  I haven't been really sleeping that much because for some reason I can't fall asleep till 3 to 4AM yet I wake up just before 8AM.  However this Saturday night my body just shut off at 10PM and I didn't wake up till close to 10AM Sunday morning.  I guess it just simply caught up to me.

At the movies:
Not a big surprise but Gru and his yellow army of minions claims the box office for the 2nd weekend in a row!  At #1 is "Despicable Me 2" earning another 44.8 million now with a cume of 230 mil!  No doubt it will break that 300 mil threshold fairly soon.  New at #2 is the comedy sequel of Grown Ups 2 with 42.5 mil.  Crashing in at #3 is the sci-fi big action film Pacific Rim with 38.3 mil.  Not a great number but it did beat most expectations.  Hanging on to #4 is "The Heat" with another 14 mil as it passes the 100 mil cume m
ark.  Rounding off the top 5 is "The Lone Ranger" with 11.1 mil as it looks like it will fall short of the 100 mil mark for domestic box office.

Quote of the week:
"There is a fine line between genius and insanity.  I have erased this line." - Oscar Levant

Other News:
Very tragic news as Hollywood loses yet another bright star cut so short in a career just starting.  One of the lead actors of the hit TV show "Glee," Cory Monteith was found dead on Saturday in his hotel room in Vancouver, BC just weeks after he was out of rehab for drug addiction.  Cory's character on the show was Fin Hudson, Captain of the high school football team turned from jock to glee nerd and his closing song on the first episode was amazing ... Journey's "Don't Stop Believin."  That performance had me hooked for the first season and following the show went on to win awards for its music arrangements.  I had the great pleasure of meeting Cory after his win at the SAG awards when the cast won.  I remember meeting him very well, just before taking the picture with him he said to me, "Check out how heavy this thing is!" referring to his SAG Award statue.  He then proceeded to hand it to me to hold while we took the picture together.  Incredibly nice and humble guy ... he will be greatly missed.  I'm sure he would simply share one simple message to everyone ... Don't Stop Believen!
Cory was 31.

Facts & Tips:
Bloodhounds can track a man by smell for up to 100 miles.

"Yo yo yo, it's lunchtime!"- Matt Prokop as Jimmie Zara in "High School Musical 3: Senior Year."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home