Monday, June 03, 2013

Beat the heat ... go some where that has AC!  It hasn't been terrible but still warm enough that it just makes you want to go somewhere that has AC.  I did that a couple of times this week and also hung out with some friends in the process.  Saved some of my electric bill but I later learned on Saturday my AC isn't even working ... so have to have a service call to see what is wrong because I fear it will be a very hot summer.

Weekly Update:
I can not even remember what I did this week ... did I do anything??  Had a few conference calls I guess ... oh yeah, went to a couple of mixers on Thursday night but that was about it.  OH WAIT, I did a 3 day survey for a friend at Pieology.  It's a kind of cool and hip pizza place near my house and his family is looking into investing in some but information they got was wrong (by my book) from the person asking who they themselves is a franchisee ... did that make any sense?  So they were telling my friend that it is all families that go there.  I was telling my friend, I don't remember seeing hardly any family in there, mostly college kids but I can do some surveys and let you know the results.  As it turns out, I was right!  I probably saw over 50% college and the 2nd largest group was older but in terms of family units, I may have witnessed less than 10 and I was there for 3 different days at different times for an hour each time.  The one thing that did surprise me was the amount of Asians there were that came to the pizza place.  But the first two days I went, it was non-stop packed full of people, lines as long as 30 people but it always moves so they don't mind waiting.  Another interesting thing is there are a ton of eating places in that area from Chipotle to Panera Bread to Burger King and many others but this one really draws them in for some reason.

At the movies:
Speed in deed!  Yet another win for "Fast & Furious 6" as it takes the crown with an extra 34.5 million to add to the 170 mil cume.  It could possibly win a 3rd week in a row!  New at #2 is the suspense-action film Now You See Me with a good solid 28.1 mil for its debut.  New at #3 is the sci-fi action film After Earth with only 27 mil to open.  My sound odd with only 27 mil but the expectations were much higher than what it performed too.  Slight drop to #4 is "Star Trek: Into Darkness" with another 16.4 mil as it makes its way to 200 mil cume, should get there in the next few days.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Epic" earning another 16.4 mil ... this animated film isn't fairing so well as its predecessor "Croods" did.

Quote of the week:
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." - Oscar Wilde

Other News:
Oh now this is a fun list ... Top 10 Most Disastrous Summer Movie Flops ... lets take a look.  10) Catwoman (2004) - Estimated budget of 100 mil and made only 40.2 (US gross).  Never saw the film and no desire to either.  9) Battlefield Earth (2000) - Budget of 44 mil and made 21.  I did see this one ... I can't undo it either! 8) Hudson Hawk (1991) - budget 65 mil and made 17.2 mil.  Saw parts of this and thought it was mildly funny but not great. 7) Gigli (2003) - budget 75 mil and made 6!  Looked bad by just the name of it and considered one of the worst openings ever given its budget. 6) Speed Racer (2008) pictured - budget of 120 mil and made 44m.  Never saw, looked bad by the trailer and I was right. 5) Around the World in 80 Days (2004) - budget 110 mil and made 24 mil.  Saw this and thought it was cute. 4) Stealth (2005) - budget 135 mil and made 32 mil.  Never saw it but this was released due to the popular of Jamie Foxx in the film Ray otherwise this would have never been released theatrically. 3) Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within (2001) - budget of 137 mil and made 32.1 mil.  Tried to watch this but it was incredibly boring and slow!!! 2) The 13th Warrior (1999) - budget of 160 mil and made 32.7 mil.  Never saw it but heard it was very boring. 1) The Adventures of Pluto Nash (2002) - budget 100 mil and only made 4.4 mil which pretty much ended Eddie Murphy's career.

Facts & Tips:
The can opener was invented 48 years after the can.

"There's something about movies that always amazes me, their transcendence of time. You can in one second, in one frame, see something that will spark you as divine or genius." - Oliver Stone

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home