Monday, June 10, 2013

Talk about some nice weather!  I was a little worried because in the start of the week the AC broke down (just a blown capacitor) but I got it fixed Tuesday.  But the nice thing was, the weather was so good!  During the day it stayed in the mid 70's but the breezes were cool and constant!  Night they dropped to mid 60's which can be comfortable but not too cold.  Really lucked out and I was worried since on Saturday it got warm and that is when I discovered the AC not working properly.  I am lucky that was the only hot day last week.  It was nothing but semi-clear skies and nice cool breezes.  NOW, if the rest of the summer can only be this way then it would be the perfect summer!

Weekly Update:
Had a pretty busy week with dog sitting and a lot of service folks coming to the house to fix various things ... the pool motor, AC unit (good thing it wasn't hot this past week!), water main in the house from the street, faucet (hard part to find apparently), outside spigot and .... I think that is it!  I still have a few more things to get done soon but these were the top priorities as the others can be held off a bit.  I do have one thing that is semi-important but not extremely ... it all adds up pretty fast too, sheesh!  But I got my list of 20 things down to 5 so that is pretty good, right?  Sure was a busy week though, and now onto the next one ... I do hope it isn't as crazy, I really do!!  It potentially could be but I hope the stuff mid
-week gets cancelled for me and I can concentrate on other things.  Don't you hate it when folks want you to do something and you just know it will be more problematic than it's worth?  I suppose that happens A LOT and I know many blow things way out of proportion but I'm serious!!  Just saying!

At the movies:
Very interesting weekend and a little surprising.  In at #1 is the suspense-thriller film (and low budget) The Purge with a hefty 36.4 million for its debut.  No one expected this film to reach these kind of numbers for an opening weekend.  Holding ground at #2 is "Fast & Furious 6" with another 19.8 mil as it reaches the 200 mil cume mark.  Good hold at #3 is "Now You See Me" with an extra 19.5 mil.  New at #4 is the comedy The Internship brings in a nice 18.1 mil.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Epic" with an extra 12.1 mil as if slowly approaches 100 mil mark.

Quote of the week:
"A graduation ceremony is an event where the commencement speaker tells thousands of students dressed in identical caps and gowns that 'individuality' is the key to success." - Robert Purvis

Other News:
Top 10 Toys You Wish Your Mother Never Threw Away ... now let's see how many of these I had or know about ... 10) G.I. Joe "Mickey Mouse" Cobra Commander - this was a mail order item and not sure where the Mickey Mouse comes from but it retailed for 5 "Flag Points" plus 50 cents.  Current Value (CV) is now $300 and I never really got these figures but I wish I had. #9) 1988 Happy Holiday Barbie - never got these either but originally cost $19.99 and CV is $400. #8) Royal Blue Beanie Baby - another toy I never got into but this retailed for $10 and CV is $3005. #7) Star Wars "The Power of The Force" Ewok Combat Playback - I did get Star Wars sets from the original three movies from the 1970's through the 1980's but I don't remember this set at all.  I didn't get many sets, just a couple but this retailed for $17 and CV is $5,998.98 which seems like an odd amount. #6) 1978 Vinyl Caped Jawa - now this I had!  Where is it now? No clue but it retailed at $1.99 (I remembered it being a little higher like 2.98) and now worth $2000 (I'm sure with all original parts and in good condition). #5) 1972 Blythe Doll - say what? Retailed $25 and CV $2000 and up. #4) The Beatnik Bandit (Hot pink version) - no clue on this one but retailed at $.67 cents and CV is $15,250. #3) NTSC Nintendo Stadium Events - I sort of remember this one but never had it.  Retailed for $29.99 and CV is $22,800!  #2) Mego Elastic Batman - They had a Batman version of this?!  I only remember the regular stretch one ... this retailed for $16.99 and goes for $1,100.  #1) Where The Wild Things Are first edition (pictured) - I had this book and looked at it a lot but I have no clue what edition it was or if I even still have it!  Retailed for $3.50 and CV is $20,000!

Facts & Tips:
Approximately 16,500 people in the U.S. go by the last name Lemon.

"See - the Oneders, Lenny." - Johnathon Schaech as Jimmy Mattingly in "That Thing You Do!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home