Monday, March 18, 2013

I am amazed at COSTCO ... it has just about everything and in mass quantity for low prices, great.  But on a Saturday or Sunday lunch time, it is insane.  They need some sort of traffic control but I guess you have to expect that.  Another problem, they have very low customer service.  I guess they figure if you are there, you are there.  Everyone seems so miserable from the cashiers to person who checks your receipt.  The food station people are OK but not the best.  I guess this rant comes from the other day.  I was walking to my car with my stuff and the car that was parked next to me had an older couple trying to load a flatbed cart of all these heavy flat boxes to return.  I watched two employees clearly going deeper into the parking lot to get shopping carts, not stopping to help these folks.  So, I loaded my car up quickly, dropped off the cart and came back to see if they needed some help.  I helped them out and saw them on their way ... not a single employee stopped to offer any assistance.

Weekly Update:
The last week was pretty busy but nothing big.  I found my old bow and got it restrung.  I haven't pulled it for at least 15 years but according to the shop the bow has a lifetime guarantee and I didn't realize most of the cross strings are actually steal cables and there is only one section that is part that should be replaced every few years depending on use I guess.  I also had lunch on Saturday with an old childhood friend who I reconnected with via Facebook ... it actually works!  We had a great lunch and hopefully we don't lose contact again but we are talking from partially Elementary school but all through Jr. High.  When High School came around his mom moved and we went to another school but we still hung out a lot over the summer and holidays.  I guess after high school is when we lost touch.  Amazing what social network can do and reconnects folks.

At the movies:
Holding strong at the box office for a 2nd week is "Oz: The Great and Powerful" with an extra 42.2 million and now with a domestic cume of 145 mil in its first 10 days. New at #2 is The Call with a decent 17.1 mil.  Also new at #3 is the comedy The Incredible Burt Wonderstone with 10.3 mil.  Sizable drop to #4 is "Jack the Giant Slayer" with another 6.2 mil as it struggles to reach 60 mil cume.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Identity Thief" with 4.5 mil as it is humming along in the 100 mil club.

Quote of the week:
"Forget past mistakes.  Forget failures.  Forget everything except what you're doing to do now and do it." - William Durant

Other News:
Here is something you may or may not have known about ... 10 Outrageous Entertainment Services!  In no particular order ... 10) Attend your own funeral - yes, I guess people can do this for about $3000 they will arrange everything.  9) Spend a night in the morgue - keeping with the dead theme, this is an extension of the previous services but for an extra 2k you get to spend the night!  8) Kidnapping experience - do you really have to pay for this can you just get some friends to kidnap you for a night?? 7) Manhunt - what is going on here?  For just about 2k, bounty hunters will come hunt you down. 6) Russian fighter pilot experience - I've heard of this one but why does it have to be Russian and simply just fighter pilot?  I think a jet plane is a jet plane. 5) Night dive with manta rays - night diving is kind of dangerous but now with a 20 foot manta ray! 4) Rent a Formula One Car (pictured) - another thing I have heard of but I would prefer the NASCAR version over this one. 3) Extreme Ironing - what? you do ironing while hanging form a cliff or kayaking ... why? 2) Sahara Desert Marathon - if doing a marathon wasn't enough, why not in the desert is what they are asking you. 1) Antarctic Ocean Kayaking - this is interesting because of all the narrow icebergs and falling ice, this can be pretty dangerous.

Facts & Tips:
The Nickname of President Haye's wife was "Lemonade Lucy."

"at would I ever do with out my Em?" - Christopher Atkins as Richard in "The Blue Lagoon."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home