Monday, February 25, 2013

Hot and cold ... but mostly cold.  Had a day of rain but was promised two ... well, maybe not promised but the weather people were so sure we would get with two solid days of rain but ended up with maybe a few hours on just one day.  I thought in this day in age the systems and technology are much more accurate than that, how can it be so far off??  Getting the temps in a range is one thing but when that range is within 7 degrees?  Really?  A couple degrees is good but I can tell someone  a range like that.  Is the weather so unpredictable and our technology not that good we can't get a better accuracy?

Weekly Update:
Pretty quiet week in general which was nice but I think it felt quiet because of the holiday the past Monday.  I do like short weeks and I think we should change the standard work week to 4 days with a 3-day weekend ... I think that makes more sense and we can just work 10 hours a day instead.  OR have a hump day and still work 10 hour days but give us Wednesdays off along with the weekend.  I am good with either plans if someone in the government wants to make it official ... I will be happy to vote for it.

On another note, I may have mentioned I found a new comic book store near by called The Comic Book Hideout.  It is a nice little gem and the people who own it and work there are very cool.  Although I may not be into comics like I use to be, it does bring back some fond memories of when I was in high school and beyond and getting my issues each week.  Now I am trying to unload and sell my comics but I do appreciate them and I will probably keep certain ones and who knows, maybe I will pick one up every now and then for old time sake.  But for now, I just enjoy spending a little time at the shop and simply hanging out like I use to.

At the movies:
Kind of a quiet weekend at the box office but that is to be expected.  In at #1 is the comedy "Identity Thief" wit another 14.1 mil as it closes in at 100 mil cume.  New at #2 is Snitch with 13 mil and will probably end there.  Doing well at #3 is "Escape From Planet Earth" earns another 11 mil.  Holding ground at #4 is "Safe Haven" with 10.6 mil as it closes in at 50 mil cume.  Rounding off the top 5 is "A Good Day to Die Hard" which is a substantial drop from last week with only 10 mil.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Just one this week as Dark Skies comes in at #6 with only 8.9 mil and pretty much done before it started.

Quote of the week:
"It is better to have a permanent income than to be fascinating." - Oscar Wilde

Other News:
Sunday night was Hollywood's big event with the 84th Annual Academy Awards held at the now Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles.  Overall the show was below par, the new host of Seth MacFarlane was luke warm at best.  He presented himself well but the skits were just bad and the singing boring.  Does he always have to sing now?  I could do without it.  No big surprises this year as everyone that won is pretty much what I would have picked and if not, I had 2nd choices which ended up being who won.  Ang Lee for best director for "Life of Pi" was my 2nd place as I thought Spielberg would have won for "Lincoln."  Daniel Day Lewis for "Lincoln" was my pic along with "Argo" for Best Picture since Ben did not get the director nomination.  Jennifer Lawrence was my first pick for "Silver Linings Playbook" and Anne Hathaway for "Les Miserables" for supporting.  "Amour" was the lock for Foreign Language and Christoph Waltz for "Django Unchained."  For both Best Animated and short were obvious with "Brave" and "Paperman" so I think all in all ... I probably scored about 7 out of 8 depending on what categories one would pick to guess upon.

Facts & Tips:
Hawaii is the only US state that grows coffee.

"Game over." - Betsy Russell as Jill in "Saw VI."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home