Monday, January 14, 2013

Fark its cold!!  It has been so cold lately compared to last year that it is an actual winter!  This time last year I remember it to be a cool summer.  Now, we have day temps in the 60's and at night just below 40.  Little to no rain though, that is what is missing around here.  I hear certain parts of Southern California has gotten hail and the grapevine area is snowed in.  The mountains in the distance are covered in snow which is cool to see if the day is clear (still have the smog overcast).  This coming week looks to be as cold but the day will be a bit warmer like low 70's.  Still need some rain though, need a lot of it!

Weekly Update:
Not too much to report on last week, it was pretty normal I guess.  The weekend was a bit crazy though, was up way late Friday night playing a game and had to be up super early Saturday to pick up a dog and take them to an adaption event that was almost an hour away.  Then drive them back after the event after which I went home and tried to take a short nap but that didn't really happen.  So Sunday, I slept and slept a lot.  Still had to wake up early and one of the dogs decided I should wake up 2 hours earlier than what my alarm clock was set for!  Thanks Shadow!  Why did they wake me up early?  First I thought it was because they needed to go to the bathroom ... nope!  I think they just wanted to wake me up ... I have no clue but I wasn't about to feed them that early.  They sure are spoiled though.

At the movies:
Bit a shock at the box office this weekend considering the first major award program aired last night.  In at #1 for its wide release is the re-telling of the assault on Osama Bin Laden's compound which lead to his death is "Zero Dark Thirty" earning a nice 24 million.  In at #2 is A Haunted House with 18.8 mil.  Showing up at #3 is Gangster Squad with a below than expected 16.7 mil.  Slight drop to #4 is "Django Unchained" with 11.1 mil as it makes its struggle to 150 mil cume.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Les Miserables" with another 10.1 mil as it shoots past the 100 mil cume mark.

Quote of the week:
"Worry is interest paid on trouble before it comes due." - William R. Inge

Other News:
Yahoo came out with a list a few weeks ago, the most popular cities of 2012.  I am not sure of the scale they judged by or the order they are in but let's check it out.  #10) Las Vegas, NV - it cites the most searched in Yahoo and has vast entertainment and fine-dining.  I do love Vegas but just not for any extended amount of time. #9) Chicago, IL - dub'd the Paris of the Midwest ... I don't know about that but having recently been there, it is a great place to visit! #8) London, UK - not only historic but picturesque ... wouldn't mind visiting someday soon. #7) New York, NY - cultural hot spot and draws tourists from all over the world.  Another place I wouldn't mind visiting other than a hold-over at the airport. #6) Washington, DC - Been  once when I was in Junior High School and it was fun.  Folks go for the many museums and monuments. #5) San Francisco, CA - Food lovers paradise apparently but I do love visiting with is generally cool/cold weather ... always a good crisp in the air. #4) San Diego, CA - beaches and culture, not my first choice on either one but has some neat areas to see. #3) Dubai, United Arab Emirates - apparently the shopping capital of the Middle East that is also tax-free.  I wouldn't mind visiting someday too. #2) New Orleans, LA - all about Jazz, Mardi Gras and the French Quarter ... three things I would like to see. #1) Hong Kong, China (pictured) - both Travel and Leisure called it "Asia's most cosmopolitan city.  Many compare it to New York City of the East.  A lot more US cities on this list than I would have expected.

Facts & Tips:
The official color of California's Golden Gate Bridge is International Orange.

"Ok, here's Biz's Beat of the Day!" - Biz Markie from the TV show "Yo Gabba Gabba!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home