Monday, November 01, 2010

Post Halloween Edition

Yesterday was Halloween, did you dress up? I don't think I have put on a costume in many many years and the last time I did, it was actual pieces of armor. You could hear me coming a mile away. How about some crazy pumpkin carvings? See any cool ones? I have done that a few times since the fun childhood days because its a creative process. I remember as kids my friend's older brother made one of the old 1980's Battlestar Galatica classic Cylon Centurion and it was pretty awesome. I do not remember if the red eye moved back and forth but I do remember it having one.

Weekly Update:
Did some crazy traveling this past week and drove through several states. One place I did drive though as the sunrise came which was pretty amazing, New Mexico. Seeing the hills and various rock structures as the sun hit them was really nice ... but I didn't stop to get out of the car to take any pictures because it was 27 degrees and I had my shorts and t-shirt on. Hey when I left Cali it was around 80 degrees and that is what we wear!

At the movies:
No surprise here as only one movie opened this past weekend for the Halloween season ... Saw 3D comes in with mediocre numbers at 24.2 million. Holding ground at #2 with only a slight drop is "Paranormal Activity 2" with another 16.5 mil as it surpasses the 50 mil cume. Slight drop to #3 is "Red" with another 10.8 mil as it also hits the 50 mil cume mark. Big drop to #4 is "Jackass 3D" with 8.4 mil more but enough to push it past the 100 mil mark. Rounding off the top 5 is "Hereafter" with another 6.32 mil as it starts to fizzle out.

Quote of the week:
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

Comment Response:
Don't think I am doing either for Halloween than just hanging out and chill'n. Hope the kids had fun, can't wait to see some costume pics.

Other News:
Another light goes out in Hollywood. James MacArthur who is best know as Detective Danny "Danno" Williams from the hit show "Hawaii Five-O" passed away on Thursday in Florida from natural causes. His big claim to fame was really a line delivered from another character (Jack Lord as Detective Steve McGarret) at the end of each episode of the TV series "Hawaii Five-O" as was said, "Book'em, Danno." The show is the longest running crime drama (12 years) and was actually filmed on location in Hawaii. MacArthur actually left the show about a year prior to the final season due to it becoming predictable and bland. Beside the TV show, MacArthur has been in several films including "Swiss Family Robinson," "Hang'Em High" and a US soldier in "Battle of the Bulge" is where I know him more from than anything else. MacArthur was 72.

Facts & Tips:
August has the highest percentage of births.

"You just can't trust anyone over 12." - Robbie Rist as Cousin Oliver in the TV series "The Brady Bunch."

1 Comments:

At November 01, 2010, Blogger ZAC said...

I thought to myself this week-end "I must be getting old. I didn't even dress up nor did I really care that I didn't." :(

So have you seen "Paranormal Activity" 1 or 2? Would you recommend either? What about "Hereafter"?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home