Monday, August 30, 2010

Hot or cold ... someone is messing with me. Early in the week it was scorching like crazy. The days in some areas hit over 100 degrees and I happened to be in some of those spots at the time! What is funny is I am in my office and I brought ski gloves to keep them warm because the AC is constantly blowing and it was freezing. I had a room temperate bottle of water from the kitchen in there and by the time I got around to opening it and start drinking, it was a little cold. The nights during this time haven't been the coolest either but not terrible. Lack of breezes in the area however made it just seem warm. Late in the week ... it was like the heat never existed as it the temps dropped back down to 70's and the nights were freezing again. I don't get it.

Weekly Update:
So this past week was kind of filled with random events. From dinners to a b-day party, kind of tiring but it wasn't that bad. We had another charity mixer last Wednesday in Century City which is west LA. Fun little event but when it started someone thought they recognized this one person so I looked and it was an actor. Of course I had to go up and try and grab a pic which he was more than happy to do:

*Bob Balaban- I know him best from all those Christopher Guest films like "For Your Consideration," " Best in Show," and "A Mighty Wind." He was a really cool guy and chatted a little bit with me.

Saturday was kind of nutty for me, got up early to go help a friend out with a promotional shoot for a show he is going to try and pitch. That took all morning and day but it was interesting. When I finally got home, I had to hop back in a car and head for a birthday party for a few hours. I was so sleepy but then when I tried to go to bed early ... I couldn't! I guess I had too much on my mind that it keeps you from sleeping or something! Curse you brain!

At the movies:
Horror takes the crown this week as The Last Exorcism earns the #1 spot at the box office with a 21.3 million opening. Right behind is the new film Takers with 21 mil. Holding some ground at #3 is "The Expendables" with another 9.5 mil as it struggles to reach 100 mil. Holding strong at #4 is "Eat Pray Love" with 7 mil more. Rounding off the top 5 is "The Other Guys" with an additional 6.6 mil and just short of 100 mil. Kind of a lack lustre box office as the summer comes to an end and with one holiday left next week.

Quote of the week:
"More tears are shed over answered prayers than unanswered ones." - St. Teresa of Avila

Other News:
America's Worst Airports ... this is a great list for the frequent traveller although I guess you can't really avoid certain airports depending on where you go but maybe this list will help find ways to avoid why it's the worst on the list. Starting with #5: Boston, MA - I've never been to this airport myself but it doesn't necessarily say why it's the worst but what people aren't noticing or using. The have some great amenities there such as kid play areas, rocking chairs, free wifi and on-site spa but no one is using them. #4: Washington, D.C. - I have been to this but it was so many years ago that I don't remember anything about it. This one ranks apparently because of the limited wifi and comes with fees ... that is kind of an odd reason. #3: St. Louis, MO - Never been, not even for a lay-over but it looks like its lacking clubs and pay for wifi ... I am thinking this list is more for Internet convenience or simply entertainment now. #2: Los Angeles, CA - Well obviously I have been to this one and many times. NOW this one mentions it's all about traffic and airport staff ranking next to last. Yeah, those are two of the biggest factors about LA, you do meet the occasional nice person and get lucky with traffic but don't hold your breath. #1: New York, NY - I've been to JFK briefly and what a rude experience that was! This list mentions all three NY airports (JFK, LaGuardia and Newark) being miserable in terms of food, entertainment, on-time performances and staff efficiency. My experience there was simply unbelievable rudeness.

Facts & Tips:
The Capitol building in Washington, D.C. has 365 steps to represent every day of the year.

"Do it again and you'll be admiring my butt from the pavement with a straw." - Leonard Earl Howze as Mark from "The Ringer."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home