Monday, August 16, 2010

So I already have an issue with big cars parking in compacts spots because obviously they are not made for them ... but when they double park, that just makes it all that much more worse!! And what really sucks is when you have a full parking lot, two good spots are gone because of one car. What I saw recently was a brand new Mercedes SUV and I guess since their car is new, they get the double-parking pass. I know most lots are private so parking enforcement can't really issue tickets but shop owners or management should call someone right away to two it or issue the ticket. I really hate knowing they are completely going to get away with it and will continue to do it over and over again. I wish I had a sticker to slap on the windshield of the car that said something like "Learn How to Park!" which of course then the sticker would be a really hassle for them to completely remove!

Weekly Update:
This past week was kind of quiet which is nice because the upcoming week is going to be crazy! Have a lot of stuff going on and I know I am going to be tired already! OH one thing I forgot to mention last week is I started taking my Improv classes again. I enjoy taking improv because it isn't about being funny or trying to be funny but more of being social. Skills of improvisation does not mean how to be funny on the spot. I think that is a pretty big misconception because what it really trains you to do is listen and expand or being able to fit in any conversation. Usually some humor is involved but that isn't because of improv necessarily but just being able to socialize. Don't think funny and 9 out of 10 times you end up being funny which is also a good thing. If anyone ever has a chance to take a class, I highly recommend it. I have only had one teacher who is great ... I hope they are all like him.

At the movies:
Action packed weekend at the box office as the star-studded cast of The Expendables takes top honors with a 34.7 million opening weekend. Coming in #2 is the romantic-adventure film of Eat Pray Love with 23.7 mil. Slight drop to #3 is "The Other Guys" with another 18 mil. Slowly dropping down to #4 is "Inception" earning another 11.4 mil and just shy of the 250 mil cume. Rounding off the top 5 is the comic book hero Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World with a below average expectation of 10.5 mil. However it was not that far below expectation but still ... a bust.

Quote of the week:
"You can run with the big dogs or sit on the porch and bark." - Wallace Arnold

Other News:
Here is an interesting list I stumbled across recently ... and I am not sure where or how this was determined or surveyed. The top 7 food trends that have lost their "cool" or are on the way out ... There doesn't seem to be particular order so I will just present them in the order they have it: #1 Cupcakes - really? I completely disagree with this one because I am seeing a huge increase on stores that are solely selling cupcakes like Sprinkles and Crumbs. These aren't bakeries, they are cupcake shops. I drove by one cupcake place (not sure of the name) and the line was around the corner!! #2 Tuna Tartare - Ok this one I agree with because I never liked it in the first place and I think with the recent massive incline of mercury levels in fish, this fad I can see swimming away. #3 Bubble Tea - mixed on this one because I think it is more of a case of people having no clue what it is. There is also an issue of getting tapioca that is either way to gummy and or too big which makes it very unlikable. #4 Truffle Salt - I don't think I have had this before so no comment on it. #5 The Communal Table - Well if they mean placing strangers with you while you eat, yeah, I can see this going away but otherwise, naw. #6 Chipotle Chili - I can take it or leave it, doesn't really seem to do or add much for me when we have so many other spices out there similar to this one. #7 Lava Cake - It's all in the preparation of this because I have had some terrible lava cakes and I have had some amazing ones.

Facts & Tips:
The average person makes 1,140 phone calls per year.

"The dove act? I'm still working on it. I don't think it's perfect yet. I got my first pair of doves when I was 14 years old. That was the beginning of the formation of that act. So it's been 24 years now that I've been working on it." - Lance Burton

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home