Monday, June 14, 2010

Summer time!! It did heat up this week or got a little humid most of the week. Which is odd because we don't usually get any kind of humidity. Still warm is warm and the nights were as cool as they have been. The summer has started kind of late for SoCali, usually the heat wave starts back in May and June gets hot, July hotter and August about the same as July. I wonder if this means September will be pretty warm but then again, its always pretty warm here. We could use more ocean breezes but I am sure there are tons of those but just not strong enough by the time it reaches here.

Weekly Update:
Cough cough cough ... I still have this lingering cough and its making me tired. It has gotten better over the past couple of weeks, I just hate it and i have had it before. It just ... lingers! A lot of times it feels like there is something stuck in my throat and I try to cough to get it out but its what I call an "empty" cough where it just makes the noise but nothing happens. So I keep coughing till like the 5th one it scratches the feeling and then I am good for awhile. GO AWAY!!!! Sleeping at night is the big issue, half the night I spend doing throat clearing or coughing but then the later half I am fine. But that isn't enough sleep, half a night? I have had minor coughs for months and even this current one before for a least a month. Oh well, ride it out, I am sure it will be gone eventually. Other than that, my week has been quiet and uneventful ... just the way I like it!

At the movies:
Surprise and flash-back weekend! Remake of the timeless classic of the The Karate Kid earns a hefty 56 million this weekend and enough to make it #1 above everything else. The second one of this film is already in the works before this one was even released! New at #2 is the TV to big screen adaption of the 80's show The A-Team with only 26 mil for its debut. A decent number but should and needed to be higher for the price tag on this film was not low. Drop down to #3 is "Shrek Forever After" 15.8 mil and now past the 210 mil cume mark. Down to #4 is "Get Him to The Greek" with another 10.1 mil which is a pretty good hold number. Rounding off the top 5 is "Killers" earning another 8 mil and the last we see this film in the top 5.

Quote of the week:
"The organization of American society is an interlocking system of semi-monopolies notoriously venal, an electorate notoriously unenlightened, misled by a mass media notoriously phony." - Paul Goodman

Other News:
GOOOOOAAAALLLLLL! That's right, the 2010 World Cup Championships kicked of a few days ago in Johannesburg, Africa and with the hundreds of thousands converged there to see it in person, millions around the world sit in front of their TV's to see it live. This is the most popular sport in the world and the US is decades behind on it. I'm not a big fan of watching it on TV but I do understand why its so tremendously popular world wide and it is a true sense of being "World Cup". When you look at baseball and see The World Series ... that is such a false statement because is solely Northern America. You don't see teams from Japan or Europe and are there any teams left in Canada? Soccer (or around the world known as Football) is a tiring game to watch and play. So far, the US is still in it but not in the top spot as they managed to tie against the UK in their first game. The leaders so far are South Korea, Argentina, Slovenia, Germany and Ghana ... with many more games to go!

Facts & Tips:
You breathe in about 13 pints of air every minute.

"I'm not a snitcher; I just tell it like it is." - Susan Olsen as Cindy Brady in the TV series "The Brady Bunch."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home