Monday, May 24, 2010

FREEZING!!! I have no idea but its May in Southern Cali and it is almost winter weather. We got some rain during the week but the temps have been in the 60's and continue to be. Throw in some light winds and it gets even colder. Not that I am complaining but I wasn't expecting this kind of chill at this time in our year. Summer always starts in March for us when Winter ends (we don't have a Spring) so this is very ... odd.

Weekly Update:
Had a pretty busy week with some events going on for charity and I am just glad its all over more than anything else. Talk about a big headache and waste of time but oh well, what can you do. One event was on Thursday night which was nice, food was good. I was able to have actor James Hong (best known as Lo Pan from "Big Trouble in Little China") attend the event as my guest and it went well. What was kind of nice is the 2009 Miss World was there:

*Kaiane Aldorino from Gibraltar and she was very sweet.

Then on Saturday had another event for the same charity and this was more for the kids than the visiting delegates for the convention which was nice. We had some Disney TV talent show up and meet the kids and I got to meet them as well:

*Moises Arias - was on the "Hannah Montana" show and a really level headed kid.
*Jennifer Stone - from "Wizards of Waverly Place" and very sweet.

At the movies:
Major disappointment at the box office this weekend as the 4th and final chapter of a franchise comes up majorly short! The big green guy in Shrek Forever After made a debut of 71.3 million and though this sounds like a lot, it isn't considering the previous 2 films broke the 100 mil mark on their debuts. No putting a spin on this first disaster for the summer. Holding onto #2 is "Iron Man 2" with another 27 mil and is now past the 250 mil cume mark. Slight drop to #3 is "Robin Hood" with 18.7 mil. Another slight drop to #4 is "Letters to Juliet" with 9.1 mil. Rounding off the top 5 is "Just Wright" with 4.2 mil.

New movies that did not make the top 5: Another major disappointment at the box office is comedy as the SNL (Saturday Night Live) skit turned full length feature MacGruber with only 4.1 in its debut. Yet a miss for another SNL skit.

Quote of the week:
"Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching." - Satchel Paige

Other News:
Came across this interesting list of the top 10 most underrated US cities in the US. I wonder how it compares to what I have seen of those places. These are in no particular order or they are not ranked. I will just call them 1 through 10 and starting with #1: Providence, RI which is also known as the "Creative Capital." I hear good things about this place and I think it would be fun to visit. #2: Portland, OR or "City of Roses" as it is also known. I haven't been there in years and it was kind of boring. #3: Baltimore, MD which has been a place I have always wanted to check out but there are areas in which it does boast the highest murder rates. #4: Fort Lauderdale, FL and most places in FL to me are just ... humid. #5: Houston, TX which has NASA and other interesting things but what is funny is folks from Dallas say Houston sucks and vice versa. #6: Kansas City, MO and it has been revitalized but I still found it extremely ... dull. #7: Louisville, KY and this seems like a cool southern city to visit. #8: Minneapolis, MN which sounds interesting yet I have no interest in going to visit. #9: Pittsburgh, PA which has had some troubled waters but again, no interests to visit. #10: Sacramento, CA ... so been a couple of times and do not care to visit again. Both times I have gone were primarily for work and it was scary at night and just really boring in general.

Facts & Tips:
You share your birthday with nine million others in the world.

"I don't want to rule my own country, I just want to pass the tenth grade." - Anne Hathaway as Mia Thermopolis in "The Princess Diaries."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home