Monday, March 03, 2008

This past week sure was a roller coaster of weather. It got to be near 80's half the week during the day and then parts were as low as 50 degrees! Not sure if I am coming or going with this weather. It drizzled one day while the others were bright and sunny that I am sure some folks went to the beach. Yet the mountain tops are covered in snow. This is sure some wacky and inconsistent weather we are having lately! Is it cloudy, is it sunny, is it hot, is it cold ... your guess is as good as mine.

Weekly Update:
This was a nice and quiet week for the most part. Attended a charity event which raised a lot of money for kids and enjoyed some dinner with some friends while watching a basketball game or two ... pretty quiet overall which is nice to have every so often. In a couple of weeks I am Vegas bound for an annual convention so I am sure that will be pretty crazy. I guess I better rest and enjoy it while I can.

At the movies:
Sports in the #1 spot as Semi-Pro takes the trophy with an opening of 15.3 million. A little lower than I expected but overall a decent number to start with. I am sure the remaining folks at New Line were hoping north of 20. Holding at #2 is "Vantage Point" with another 13 mil. Also holding good at #3 is "The Spiderwick Chronicles" with an extra 8.8 mil. New at #4 is The Other Boleyn Girl with 8.3 mil for starters. Rounding off the top 5 is "Jumper" with an additional 7.6 mil.

New movies that did not make the top 5: Just one this week, Penelope with only 4 million to kick it off and unfortunately comes to end with.

Comment Response:
None at this time.

Other News:
Well this is an interesting time killer. Apparently a study was done to see who has The Best Delivery Pizza in the US. I am not sure who the panel was or how extensive this study was done but I have a feeling it was a few college kids who were hungry and decided to make a paper out of it. The winner out of the top three examined (Domino's, Papa John's and Pizza Hut) was Papa John's as it states it had the highest overall marks. They felt that their pizza was made with more care and tastier along with better ingredients. Domino's won on the cheap side of pizza but here is the funny part ... I never do delivery anymore! I prefer to pick it up or get it along my way home from work. Tipping seems to be out of control when the price of pizza is so high these days. I remember getting a large pizza (and they were large!!) along with a tip for the driver being a total of $15 to $17. Now it feels like you get a large (that is actually a medium) for a starting price of $17 and you end up paying close to $25 with extra toppings and tip. Well, I guess that was then, this is now.

Facts & Tips:
The Wildwood Boardwalk extends nearly 2 miles and has more than 70,000 wooden planks.

"Hello." - David Lander as Andrew "Squiggy" Squiggmann in TV's "Laverne & Shirley."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home